• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Measurements for the frame/body mount

Bundy

Bronco Guru
Hey All-

As you may have seen in my hunt for a body to frame mount (Thank you JBG) my 68' EB came with a missing driver's side body mount to the frame. I have the bracket and I have a 1" BL, but I am trying to figure out how to measure where to weld this bad boy in.

Currently the body sits on the frame so I am thinking I should just jack up the frame and support it with the body lift blocks and hardware mocked up and eyeball it... unless there is an approx measurement I can work off of? Does the bracket weld to the core support AND the fender? I don't have fender there to weld to so I am stumped

Any ideas of pics would be immensly helpful!

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-14004-core-support-mounting-bracket.html
PB260182.jpg

OP
OP
Bundy

Bundy

Bronco Guru
Something looks weird. The bracket the frame is resting on doesn't look like EB original. There should be a bracket that goes from the wheelwell to the core support and the body mount is welded to that bracket, the wheelwell, and core support. It will be something like this http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-14005-core-support-to-wheel-tub-bracket-left.html

Fuck. I was afraid of that. I have no idea what the PO did to this thing.

Now comes the ingenuity... how do I rig this mo-fo and make it work?

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
OK, not too bad. I just looked at my parts truck and the bracket is correct. If you notice in the picture there is an extra piece of metal on the side of the bracket that looks almost triangular. That is actually a piece of the old body mount. You might have to grind down that extra metal and weld the new piece to it.

OP
OP
Bundy

Bundy

Bronco Guru
I see what you are talking about. so it would weld there and then on the core support itself?

OP
OP
Bundy

Bundy

Bronco Guru
Yea, if you need, I can send pic's tonight. Got mine all appart.. Ryoung is correct..

if you could, that would be amazing. I am a visual learner so it would be of great help to me.

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
These might help.

Attachments

• DSC00908.JPG
    DSC00908.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00910.JPG
    DSC00910.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC00911.JPG
    DSC00911.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Bundy

Bundy

Bronco Guru
Those are perfect, except I don't have the fender sheet metal so this may only get two sides attached... unless I do extend the stock bracket to reach my mangled fendor.

Thanks again Greg!