• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

measurment request, coil bucket.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
On my 73, the highest spot of the spring groove measured from above the coil bucket (not the highest part of the of the perch which is another inch or so higher) is 4 and 3/8ths from the frame, more importantly I think, the bottom section of the coil bucket which is a flat piece and it sits level with the bottom of the frame if that helps.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
On my 73, the highest spot of the spring groove measured from above the coil bucket (not the highest part of the of the perch which is another inch or so higher) is 4 and 3/8ths from the frame, more importantly I think, the bottom section of the coil bucket which is a flat piece and it sits level with the bottom of the frame if that helps.

That works, thanks. I am using ballistic adjustable coil buckets so I need to know the normal hieght of the spring so I can dial in my ride height. I am shooting for 3.5" lift hieght using a 5.5 spring.

70_Steve

Old Guy
I am shooting for 3.5" lift hieght using a 5.5 spring.
I did something similar. I build my own coil buckets 2 1/2" taller than stock. I was shooting for, and got, a 3" SL with 5 1/2" coils. It works very well.

Attachments

• Bronco Flex.jpg
    Bronco Flex.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 34

JSmall

Bronco Guru
That works, thanks. I am using ballistic adjustable coil buckets so I need to know the normal hieght of the spring so I can dial in my ride height. I am shooting for 3.5" lift hieght using a 5.5 spring.

I have a set of those sitting in my garage waiting to go in. Take lots of pics.