• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Memorial Day Weekend, Bronco's in Tillamook State Forest, Trip Report & pics

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Me and SecondChance are heading to TSF over Memorial Day Weekend. GoFast may make it out there as well if he gets his Bronco ready in time. Anyone else thinking about going? Your welcome to join us for a day or for the entire weekend. We're planning to camp up on top somewhere near Archer's Firebreak. If you just want to come up for a day then as long as I have your number before we head up then I can call with directions. If you want to caravan up we will be heading out around 5:00 Friday.

We will be running channel 5 on the CB for anyone that wants to try to catch up with us up there.

Last edited:

Amac70

ME
I might be able to make it. really depends on how much work i get done this week. Are you camping in a campground or just out in the woods somewhere.

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I might be able to make it. really depends on how much work i get done this week. Are you camping in a campground or just out in the woods somewhere.

Just out in the woods. Since we're getting a late start (I can't leave until about 5 friday) there is no chance of getting a campsite even if we wanted to. (Too many ATV's running around them anyway) We are also guessing that anything down low will be taken as well so we plan to go up on top. There are several large areas suitable for up to 6 or 8 rigs (accessable with trailers) up there. There will be less dust up higher as well. (And cell reception in a few places) I plan to go up Germantown to avoid the traffic so it would be easy to catch you on the way through if you went up Cornelius. Depending upon who goes we often meet up at the Freddies on 26 at the Cornelius Pass exit. If Dan (GoFast) goes then that will be the most logical place to meet him.

Ezride

Loc.
Lynnwood
Heading down to Sandlake for the weekend. If we get tired of the sand we might head that way for one of the day's.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Arsenio has always gotta work, then he up and goes to Moab without us...whats up with that man??? ;D

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Arsenio has always gotta work, then he up and goes to Moab without us...whats up with that man??? ;D

Funny, I was thinking something similar.;D Course, I didn't even make a post until a few days ago so I didn't expect much anyway. I did see him up at Grant's place for the hangover run last year (not this year). Then again that is just up the hill for him....

Are you going to make it up at all? Maybe just for the day?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Not going to make it up, I gotta get Jocelyn's rig done and thats going to take more than just the weekend. We were actually headed to Cali but decided to stay home and "take it easy." Hopefully I will get pretty far on hers though, I expect to at least have the paint done by Monday night.

Have fun, I do plan to get out often this summer though so I'm in for the next one.

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Not going to make it up, I gotta get Jocelyn's rig done and thats going to take more than just the weekend. We were actually headed to Cali but decided to stay home and "take it easy." Hopefully I will get pretty far on hers though, I expect to at least have the paint done by Monday night.

Have fun, I do plan to get out often this summer though so I'm in for the next one.
The next run I plan will probably be around July 4th.

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I talked to Dan (GoFast) a little bit ago and he will be coming out tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Here are some pics from the trip. It turned out to be very interesting and one for the record books.

The weekend started off bad when the ring gear bolts in my rearend backed out so it was Saturday afternoon before I even got out on the trails. Then Sunday afternoon I slipped off a rock on the Crushers and busted up the tie rods and the right knuckle. I slept in my Bronco overnight since it took 2 parts runs to get everything to get it together enough to drive. (With where it broke it was either fix it or leave it since there is no way to get a trailer to it) Then while I was making the loop to get it out one of the front Yukon alloy axles shattered. I drove it out that way Monday and loaded it up to go home. Then on the way down the mountain my brakes went out on my tow rig so I had to swap it with my Bronco and drive it home. That in itself was interesting since one tie rod was over and one under. (Created a bit of bump steer) Oh, and to top it off the tailgate came down on my head while I was swapping hitches.

All in all I had fun but it is not a weekend I wish to repeat very soon.

Attachments

• CRW_5644.jpg
    CRW_5644.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0343.jpg
    IMG_0343.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 20
  • CRW_5647.jpg
    CRW_5647.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
And here are some more....

Attachments

• IMG_0405.jpg
    IMG_0405.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 12
  • CRW_5705.jpg
    CRW_5705.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 22

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, and to top it off the tailgate came down on my head while I was swapping hitches.

Damn...I know the feeling. Your lucky it didn't knock you out.
I had something similar happen...only it was the hood. bye bye prop rod after that.