• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Michigan Guys need info

Ohio Bill

Loc.
Riverside, OH
Broncohio Club is looking at doing a snow trip in Michigan. We need some input on where we can go legally and what permits or etc. we would need

Thanks

Bill

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
The Mounds is a fun place to go. Straight up I-75 just North of Flint. Get off at Mt Morris, go right about 10 miles and it will be on your left. A few hundred acres if I remember right. Otherwise you will have to go about another 1 1/2 hours north to St Helen. There are a few places around there.

I think they have a website, probably Themounds.com

Wish my Bronco was ready, but I could bring the four wheeler. Let me know what you guys come up with.

You will need an ORV, there is a place on the way about 1 mile from there that sells them, a party store on the left. It is on a corner lot on two somewhat major roads.

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
The mounds is a good place to wreck your bronco in the winter. The mounds is mostly mud(deep mud) water holes and really tight trails. I know quite a few guy that really trashed there truck there falling through ice. Drumond island has a ORV park thats pretty good.

firehawk

Loc.
Clawson, Michigan
Keep in mind also that drummond is about another 4-5 hours north on the east side of the U.P.

True about the deep holes they get some huge trucks through there. Check out Gotmudd.com I think they have some videos from there.

I took my 4x4 Arctic Cat 650 out to the mounds in winter and broke through some ice, it was about 3-4 ft deep, I got out and it was fun, but in a truck it would have been nearly impossible. If you were to go with someone who knew the area then you can avoid the big stuff. Still plenty of trailing through the woods.

broncoinsane71

Loc.
adrian,mi
also grayling and rose city areas are lots of fun , plenty of trails and hill climbs,would love to head up there myself but my bronc is currently in pieces all over and outside of my garage! would take my cherokee but x-mas drained all my gas money funds to make a trip up north...