• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mile Marker Winch?

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
These any good? What do you think this one is worth?

How do you hook them up to your power steering?

Attachments

• MM.jpg
    MM.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 49

rootbeer

I can't tell what model you have or the condition of it the photo is not very clear. But my experience with Mile Marker has been good, I have only had one problem and one complaint and they were resolved quickly I have only owned electric models, though I doubt there would be a difference as far as reliability goes. I have only purchased new winches as you do not know how they are treated py previous owners and there is always the chance of failure due to abuse. I have sold several used electric winches winches and got about half of what they were brand new as there was no visible line defects and they appeared clean and operated perfectly. As far as hooking them up to your power steering I would look at the Mile Marker web site they have a pretty good list of products and instructions, here - http://www.milemarker.com/cust_service/product_lit.html
hope this helped.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
pretty sure they sell a hyd hose kit. one of the mississippi gang has one but i dont remember who.

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
They sell kits for your brand of truck, they wrok great, just slow. If your engine is running, your winching. Prob happens when you drowned it, your done. I've pulled myself out with a yellow top and engine not running before.

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The single speed hyd. units are VERY slow.
We own three, 2-speed hyd. Milemarkers and love them.
You can use them all day without having to "rest" them, they dont heat up, and the power steering pump will not overheat unless you have the steering turned all the way to lock while you are winching.

As stated, the biggest drawback is they dont work if the motor is not running.

Rockit

The one you have a pic of is a single speed. As stated by others, very slow. They do get the job done. The only time the speed is really a bother for me is when taking in slack.

The 2 speeds are a lot faster.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
so if the motor is dead and you pull yourself out with an electric where do you go from there. i see the point of no engine, no pull, but seems i am still stuck, just not in the mud hole or whatever. same thing with a pto winch.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
I've got a milemarker 8000 series electric mounted on a cradle,recievers front and back.Never used done by PO. Any opinions?

rootbeer

I've got a milemarker 8000 series electric mounted on a cradle,recievers front and back.Never used done by PO. Any opinions?
I had an 8,000E and it always worked and worked hard even when I tried to pull loads beyond it's capacity, it would just shut off until it cooled down then I would just use it for shorter durations. I sold it and bought a 9,500E and it has performed even better. I always wanted a cradle mount, it would be nice in those situations where you don't want to keep going forward or turn your vehicle around to pull someone else to just move the winch to where you need it.