• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mirror/Light mount on windshield Frame

Jamers

Loc.
Van,BC,Canada
I am looking for a product that will bolt onto my windshield frame that has mirrors, and a mount for aux. lights. I have seen them around here and there, mainly on heeps, and am wondering if there is a nice one made for broncos, and where I can find a pair??

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i don't know of anything being produced commercially. being a jeep has a mounting point on the front of the w/s frame, it is a easy tie in.
the light mounts i've seen a a bronco are usually welded on. if it is screwed in, it just opens up a spot for moisture to get into. the frames already have a tendency to rust. you'd just want to be careful to not help it out.
i've thought about producing a light mount for the w/s frame, yet haven't come up with a design i like enough to do that's cost effective. i am trying to help the bronco, not accellerate it's extinction.
any ideas out there?
let us know what you come up with

nick

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
For mirrors I just used a set of H**p ones. I just had to redrill the arms to position them right. Oh, and I swapped the brackets from side to side so it would mount in the space below the window.