• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Modern style master cylinder for stock Power Brake setup?

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Looking for recommendations on a new style master cylinder for a stock Bronco brake booster and bracket. Ideal something with plastic reservoir and good sealing lids. I have a stock 1977 setup with brand new master cylinder, it just won't stop leaking out the top. This is the second one with issues.

Trying to find a specific new part that will work with the current setup. I know there are a ton of variations with push rod length, bore size, etc. Figured someone may have found a good candidate for swap.

Thanks

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
I am just about to install the billet master cylinder from Tom's. It has a lid that is held down by 4 machine screws instead of a wire clamp and it will hopefully solve the leaking out the top issue that I also have. I think I paid about $90 for just the MC

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you don't mind slotting the holes slightly for the narrower Ford stud spacing, you could run the Ø1" bore master cylinder from a 2000-2005 S10 Blazer application. It has an aluminum body, plastic reservoir, screw-on cap and conventional 1/2-20 and 9/16-18 SAE inverted flare outlet ports (reversed, so front to back and back to front) and can be purchased with the outlet ports on either side, as their is a LH and RH drive option available.

Left Hand Drive (Engine Side Outlet Ports): GM #89056528, ACD #18M973, Raybestos #MC390571
Right Hand Drive (Fender Side Outlet Ports): GM #89056529, ACD #18M974, Raybestos #MC390572

I've used these on a bunch of pro-touring muscle car application with good results, and don't see why one couldn't be adapted to an EB relatively easily. These run the somewhat common Ø37.5mm [Ø1.476"] register diameter, shallow input rod depth, etc.

Tobin