• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Modified wiper cover, painted black, to fit under soft top

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Was Bored, so I modified the wiper cover, so it would fit under the soft top, with the drop wiper bracket.

I really had to cut a lot off of it, and still had to shim the right side so the linkage wouldn't hit the cover. I still have to add something to the top, so the wind won't rip it off when no top is on.

I also painted it black, along with the visors, using Kylon Fusion paint. The paint wasn't totally dry on these pics, so the shinyness will go away once it dries.

Here are some pics

Attachments

• visorsblack2.JPG
    visorsblack2.JPG
    248.3 KB · Views: 118
  • visorsblack.JPG
    visorsblack.JPG
    281.4 KB · Views: 100
  • visorsblack3.JPG
    visorsblack3.JPG
    286.6 KB · Views: 158
  • visorsblack4.JPG
    visorsblack4.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 99

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
looks good.. i may half to try it.. although i wish someone with a vac form would just create a new one to cover the motor..

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
if your riser is higher than mine it will be a lot easier
Mine is only 1.75 inches tall (I am trying to keep the roof low)

If you have a 1/2 inch taller riser, you may not have to take all the top of the cover off like I had to.

Ya it would be awesome if someone made a cover for those of us with drop windshield motor brackets, and a soft top

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I assume you have Rampage Top.
Here are templates for the Bestop.(page 10)
http://www.bestop.com/installation_guides/51312.pdf

No
It is a home made riser, and right now just a Bikini top

The top is still in the planning stages, but I have a few parts allready.

The front will have a frame similar to a can back, or chucks top, but the front half will be all metal with a 38x22 inch pop up/removeable sunroof. Still not sure if I am going to do a rear soft top, or just do a tonnue cover for the rear, with a slooped rear canvas/window

Oh no the cats out of the bag ;D