• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'Modular' Roll Bar - Install Without Removing the Top?

Farrell Martin

Loc.
Marietta, GA
I recently sold my '76 that had a Bronco Bob cage in it that was awesome. I bought it and installed it once spring had come and I had already taken off the hard top, so no big deal.

I am in the process of getting another truck and want to install another bar that provides rear passenger protection, but I really don't want to remove the top to install it.

All of the regular vendors offer the factory style roll bar that can be assembled (bolted together, not welded) inside the truck with the top on, but the down feet go down at an angel behind the rear fender wells, offering very little protection for rear passengers. Has anyone ever seen a bar that the rear feet extend straight back to a rear hoop but it can be assembled and bolted together inside the vehicle?

I have seen a picture of one (on the LUBR thread), but cant find it at any of the normal vendors.

Thanks - F

Loc.
The Bluegrass State
Wild Horses sell a bar that looks like a factory bar but can be added on to with a bar behind the dash/windshield and overhead bars. Not sure if that is what you are talking about but I do know that bar starts out as something that looks stock and can be added on to. I believe it also bolts together, so maybe it can be installed with the top on.

Just went and looked the overhead/dash and family bar parts are weld on, sorry.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Farrell Ive not seen one like you are describing but I be if you give Gordon Bailie a call he can fab one up that will do just what you need.
I just texted you his number.

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
best cage is one that is welded not bolted together... ask yourself is it worth the risk?