• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Movin' to Baton Rouge

JoeLat

Hello,

I am movin' to BR and thought I would give you guys a heads up. I have been in Texas for the past 6 years and am now moving back to LA. Anyway, I should be there sometime in April. Looking at two houses with a Boat Port and carport. I've been calling the boat ports, Bronco Ports while I have been shopping. The city is fairly devoid of 2 car garages. I mostly find only carports so the Bronco Port/Carport combo will work out just fine. I am looking forward to meeting the guys from the Deep South club.

Once I am there I will be heading right back to Texas for the LEBC Spring Round Up April 25th-27th if anyone is interested. It's a great trip. A bit far from BR (12hrs) but well worth the trip. We are planning on driving up on Thursday, Wheelin' Friday and Saturday, and then driving home on Sunday.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Welcome back to gumbo country! We need more broncos around here. I'm in New Orleans and have only found one other EB in the area, so I'm excited when anyone moves back to LA. I haven't gotten connected with Deep South yet, mostly because I work on Tuesdays when they have their regular get-togethers. But I'm hoping to get involved soon.

Looking forward to having you (over) here!

JiM

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

Thanks Jim,

Looking forward to getting back close to family. I like the Spicoli quote...funny. Well we will see if we can hook up with those guys. I know they go the OCBR but I always have an annual work trip that same week every year for the past 9 years...bummer. You think you might like to go to the LEBC Texas trip with us?

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I have a Norman Hand Saints jersey (#99) from when Hand played. people always say "yo, Hand Dude" when I wear it. Gotta love "Fast Times"

I'd love to go to LEBC Round up (was looking at the website last night), but I've already planned some vacation with my wife for that week and weekend. We're going to Gatlinburg for some Husband / Wife Cabin Alone Time!!!! So, maybe next year!

MattMoe

Contributor
Loc.
Baton Rouge
We can always use another Bronco in Baton Rouge. Let me know when you get in town. There is a small group of us that try to get together once a month. If you need any ideas on were to look for a house hit me up on the pm and i can kinda of guide ya around town and let you know what areas are better to look in.

BuckBronco76

Loc.
Louisiana
Joe I use to live in Baton Rouge off Stumberg Ln which is off of Coursey Blvd. I now live in Monroe but I go there all the time. What are you going to be doing there if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

I work as a Regional Sales Manager for a company based out of Seattle. Doesn't really matter where I live because I cover the Western US and work out of an office in my House. Family is in BR so that is what brings us there. I am looking at a neighborhood right off of Stumberg- Carrington Place.

Blue Eye, PM sent

BuckBronco76

Loc.
Louisiana
I work as a Regional Sales Manager for a company based out of Seattle. Doesn't really matter where I live because I cover the Western US and work out of an office in my House. Family is in BR so that is what brings us there. I am looking at a neighborhood right off of Stumberg- Carrington Place.

Blue Eye, PM sent
I know it well. Its nice. I lived at Edgewood Apartments.

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

We can always use another Bronco in Baton Rouge. Let me know when you get in town. There is a small group of us that try to get together once a month. If you need any ideas on were to look for a house hit me up on the pm and i can kinda of guide ya around town and let you know what areas are better to look in.

I will let you know when I get there...should be sometime in the first part of April. Lookin' forward to meetin' you guys at one of your get togethers. Where do you usually do them? I sent you a pm about the where I should be lookin'

thanks,

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

Gettin' close, If all goes well I will be there by Easter. I thought it might be April but things are moving pretty quick. Do you have a meeting coming up in April?. Let me know and I will see if I can make it.

OP
OP
JoeLat

JoeLat

Well, I am all moved in now so let me know if there are any Bronco happenings around town. Still have to unpack most everything but we made it to town on Friday in one piece.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Two very important words for you to make friends down there...........GEAUX TIGERS! Works everytime!

MattMoe

Contributor
Loc.
Baton Rouge
Cool deal, I will keep you informed of anything. Give me a holler if you need any info on stuff around town.