• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My bronco is mad at me

quikdrummer

Loc.
Chino Valley, AZ
I feel so abusive... Yesterday out wheeling and came up on a big rock to play around on. I had been on it before but that was before I put my lock-rite in. So I went for a different angle to try and max out the suspension and this is the result:

IMG_0256.jpg

As I was coming up over it, my front tire slid a bit and sat the rocker down on the top of the rock. Then when I pulled forward, the rear end slid aound a bit, causing even more damage. It did look good posing up on the rock tho.

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

Then later on in the day, I was playing around in another little rock garden and as I came off one I felt the rear bumper hit. No big deal I thought, its gonna be a bit tweaked. I was wrong...

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

So shes mad at me for hurting her. I guess now is the time to get the plate bumpers I want, and some good rock sliders. Cover all that right up ;)

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
Now that the initial body damage has been done, you can give it hell w/out fear or hurting it now! Time to get serious!

Just kidding. That is a very sweet Bronco, shame to scuff it up! Some rock sliders and plate bumpers will cover it up and make it look even better! Order up and lets see some pics!

nelson_bros

Loc.
los anchorage
that is a bummer!! too bad the rock rash wasnt on the "little brother" in the second pic. would have been easier on the mind for me.:p

looks like it is time to head out to Dewey and talk to the crew at Protofab!!

jarrod

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
No need to cover anything up - with a little cutting and bobbing you won't even have to repair anything! Cut the rockers and bob the fenders. Then add the rock skis and new plate bumpers and your Bronco will thank you! ;D

OP
OP
quikdrummer

quikdrummer

Loc.
Chino Valley, AZ
No need to cover anything up - with a little cutting and bobbing you won't even have to repair anything! Cut the rockers and bob the fenders. Then add the rock skis and new plate bumpers and your Bronco will thank you! ;D

yeah thats likely what ill do

me and my friend were discussing all the things to do now that its been broken in ;D

OP
OP
quikdrummer

quikdrummer

Loc.
Chino Valley, AZ
that is a bummer!! too bad the rock rash wasnt on the "little brother" in the second pic. would have been easier on the mind for me.:p

looks like it is time to head out to Dewey and talk to the crew at Protofab!!

jarrod

haha, i can roll that one without even thinking about it