• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My New Pride and Joy!

W650Mike

Loc.
Eastland, Texas
It’s difficult to be modest when you want to brag on your new toys.

I lurked on this site for some time before joining and found the build threads and the ideas exchanged inspiring. Finding what I wanted within a reasonable budget proved to be challenging; perseverance paid off. She’s nice, but not perfect…a great platform for tinkering.

I’ll surely have a few questions along the way. Thanks in advance for your collective help.

(I hope the photo attachment works.)

Attachments

• B-5.jpg
    B-5.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 122

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Great looking LUBR! Looks like an eBay purchase too - details man we need details!

BamaBlue'67

Cool, I was watching that one on Ebay as a matter of fact, just out of curiousity to see what it would go for... Looked like a great buy for what seemed to be a mainly rust free TX bronco.

I think you got a great deal. Congrats!!

Post up some more detailed pics when you get the chance. ;)

OP
OP
W650Mike

W650Mike

Loc.
Eastland, Texas
Thanks for the comments! ;D

Yes, it is an Ebay find from Austin with receipts documenting a long list of repairs and (mostly) upgrades to suspension/drive train, all within the past few years.

D44/9” both with recent posi, new springs/shocks all around, front discs. (2” blocks in back will get removed.)

The 302/auto starts and runs very well…smooth and quiet. (MSD ignition, Holley intake and 4bbl) Ride and handling are down right scary with the current 16 ply tires. The transmission goes into 1st somewhat harshly, but shifts well from there.

The body has a few relatively minor blemishes but will suit my plans for a driver. At some point, it will most likely become red with side mouldings and a bit of bling.

The intent is to retain a mostly original look with suitable upgrades in power, creature comfort, and safety. This EB has a good start in all of these areas.

Thanks for looking, Mike

Attachments

• B-13.jpg
    B-13.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 31
  • B-19.jpg
    B-19.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 35
  • B-8.jpg
    B-8.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 32