• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My new soft top pics!!!!!! (dont click if you sick of seeing my truck!)

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
Heres my valentines present from my girlfriend!!! Am I lucky or what lol!!

Man the new kayline(STC) top is sooooo nice! And the tinted/zipout windows are the only way to go. I ordered it from wildhorses (closest to me for shipping) everything is great but my only complaint is both side windows have a few scratchs.. Is that normal? Or would you have someone make them right considering she payed 650 bucks for this thing.

Also the STC directions suck major a$$!!!!! I will be doing a little writeup on my webpage about the install and what not to do!!

bronco-softop1-web.jpg

Bronco-softop-web.jpg

softop-back-garage.jpg

softop-garage.jpg

-Andy

PS, there has been no sun, thats why the windows look a little wrinkly... they are supposed to tighten up in the sun :)

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
that's awesome, can i borrow your girlfriend for christmas? ::) Personally it's hard or nothing, but if someone gave me a new soft, i wouldn't argue.... ;D

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
Sweeettt......I've been debating on the tinted windows and definitely like the way they look on your truck.

DJM75

Loc.
Washougal
Looks great!!! I debated the tinted windows too. Decided against them though. I don't know if I'd worry too much about the scratches. Unless they are really bad. You will get more. It's near impossible to keep them scratch free. The plastic is so easy to scratch.
Don

SURFMUR

Loc.
Houston, TX
"that's awesome, can i borrow your girlfriend for christmas? Personally it's hard or nothing, but if someone gave me a new soft, i wouldn't argue.... "

Maybe my mind is in the gutter but I just couldn't resist a comment on this.
BTW I agree It is either hard or nothin here too. :D :D ;D

Jeep Slayer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wildomar California
Very nice!! I am still working on the old kay line top that I picked up fo free already dyed it and got the glue yeaserday for the windows ( ya I am going to glue them in ) and we are never tired of looking at youe rig.

ps4wdc

Loc.
Illinois
Looks great....installed mine about a month ago, and you are correct the the instructions SUCK. Questions for ya' ...how does your top fit at the outside corners above the windshield riser...a bit loose?

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
Never, Ever, tired of looking at your truck ;D As for plastic windows, I had a ragtop yj, and it had those nifty straps for the back window, you know, roll it up to the top and snap it? for the first several times I went wheelin with it thats what we did, and the straps marked it for life. After that, I removed all the windows and went Daktari. Any kind of consistent rubbing will do it, add grit and dust, and you got major scratching. Also, watch out for wet nights followed by frozen mornings, plastic gets brittle.

The truck looks great, and the top looks tight! Thanks for the pics...

Dan

72bronco

Bronco Guru
I have same top with the tinted windows and it came with no scratches on the windows.

So your girlfriend bought you a soft top, eh? You must be good in bed. ;D

OP
OP
Hnrys69

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
[quote author=BrewDude link=board=5;threadid=14723;start=0#111182 date=1046444977]
Sweet ;D ;D ;D but doesn't it get a bit cold up there for a soft top?
[/quote]

Naw my exhaust get so dam hot you dont even really need a heater. And the hard top I had wasnt even sealed up so this is a huge improvement!!

Thanks for the comments guys. I dont think I will bring up a stink with STC or wildhorses over the scratchs because I have a feeling it will just piss me off and nothing will get resolved...

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Lucky dude a nic Bronco and an even nicer girl. Does she have a twin sister?