• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My new Trail Rig!

ngsd

Bronco Guru
I was going to take one of my projects and build a trail rig and then this well built 72 came along and saved me a lot of trouble. I got it from a great guy in northern CA and he was the second owner for the last 35 plus years.

It was built early on and has some pretty cool features and history. He worked a lot with Jim at Wildhorses to design many of the current features on it and it was even featured on their sales cover at one time along with many feature magazine articles. The interior is covered with badges from its many accomplishments during it's lifetime and I hope to add a few more in the future.

The bonus was that he gave me all of the original paperwork including window stickers form the first owner when he bought it in CA.

I hope I can live up to it's heritage!

Attachments

• 72 trail rig pu.jpg
    72 trail rig pu.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Window sticker1.jpg
    Window sticker1.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 200
  • window sticker2.jpg
    window sticker2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 160
  • owner card.jpg
    owner card.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 169
  • Bronco 30.jpg
    Bronco 30.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Rock crawl mag.jpg
    Rock crawl mag.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 30th over.jpg
    30th over.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Wh cover2.jpg
    Wh cover2.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
SCORE!!!! Nice and nice and double-nice!!! Great history also! If you won't to get rid of it, I'll give ya full sticker price....

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
SCORE!!!! Nice and nice and double-nice!!! Great history also! If you won't to get rid of it, I'll give ya full sticker price....

Thanks! Is that offer the MSRP or the dealer price? :)

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrats, looks like a great rig - and it’s a “P” series VIN! In addition to the neat history if you haven’t looked at the Mind your P’s and Q’s thread you’ll want to now.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I remember that rig from the 30th and the resulting magazine coverage it got. Nice score!

Todd Z.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Thanks, I'll be posting more pics of some of the "unique" things that it has in the next week or so when I get time. Pete, the previous owner put a lot of love and thought into a long time build and it really highlights his talent and dedication. It has an on board welder, on board redundant air compressors, on board Shower and a really cool air hose reel contained in the Jerry can along with a rock solid drive train with narrowed D60, Marlin crawler and Klune V. You can rev it to 5k and barely be moving! It also has a few different door options including a really cool fiberglass half door design I have not seen before.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Congrats on the score... Many great memories to come..

I was going to take one of my projects and build a trail rig and then this well built 72 came along and saved me a lot of trouble. I got it from a great guy in northern CA and he was the second owner for the last 35 plus years.

It was built early on and has some pretty cool features and history. He worked a lot with Jim at Wildhorses to design many of the current features on it and it was even featured on their sales cover at one time along with many feature magazine articles. The interior is covered with badges from its many accomplishments during it's lifetime and I hope to add a few more in the future.

The bonus was that he gave me all of the original paperwork including window stickers form the first owner when he bought it in CA.

I hope I can live up to it's heritage!

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
It came with 5 different door options with one of them being these half fiberglass doors. Has anyone seen these or know anything about them? I like them and may use them.

Attachments

• 20210323_163631.jpg
    20210323_163631.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
It came with 5 different door options wi r h one of them being these half fiberglass doors. Has anyone seen these or know anything about them? I like them and may use them.

BC Broncos used to sell those. I think Terra Comp made them. Snoop doors? Scoop doors? I’m blanking on the name - someone else can help me out for sure.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Here is a shot for the old Wildhorses label on the windshield (Jim Creel) for nostalgia. Also, take a look at the bumper design they designed. Interesting early on. The Jerry can is kind of cool, it houses an air hose on a retractable reel that you pull out form the filler tube! It has redundant air compressors plumbed front and rear.

Attachments

• WH Hood.jpg
    WH Hood.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 73
  • winch bumper.jpg
    winch bumper.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Jerry can bumper.jpg
    Jerry can bumper.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 72