• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My quest to stop wandering - cracked frame

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
So I am down to a few items left to get my EB to handle better.
Replacing my inverted Y
Rebuilding my PS box
Adding a track bar riser

Everything else is new and adjusted.

Last night I was looking over everything to see if I had other issues and noticed a hairline crack on the inside of the frame where one of the power steering box bolts was. I removed the nut and bolt and noticed I had a couple small cracks and it started to cave in just slightly.

I ordered the BC frame reinforcement kit but it only comes with a plate on the outside (Box side) of the frame. I have some plate and am going to also weld a piece on the radiator side.

I hope I can get the DOM spacers tacked in. I read that I can drill a small hole below the bolt hole for a tack weld to hold the spacers in place before I weld the plates on.

Any other tips?

crab

Bronco Guru
Any machine shop can make you new spacers if you're worried about it. If you can't find anything local, let me know.
Are you running a F150 box?

OP
OP
JohnJohn

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Thanks Crab.
The BC kit I bought comes with DOM spacers so I should be good to go.

I am running the stock 77 quick ratio box.