• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need a 37x12.50R15 comparable to BFG M/T's

hollowch

Loc.
Midland, TX
BFG doesn't make the M/T 37's to fit a 15" wheel (damnit!) so I'm on the hunt for something comparable. My rigs got a 302, power steering/brakes, 4.10's and 5.5" of lift and is a daily driver. I've got 35" BFG M/T's on there right now and they do great on the road, not too much noise. Found these Wrangler MT's they look pretty cool but I don't know much about them. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_09589637000P

ponyracer

Loc.
Crestview, Fl, 32539
Those are the old style of mtr, good tire for on road and rocks but SUCKS in the mud/soft soil. I just sold a set of 35's in the new style, put about 800 miles on them, no noticeable wear, a little louder than the old style, supposed to do better in mud.

Also the big horn radial is supposed to be comparable.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Up til recently, there were only a handful (2 or 3) places making 37" tall 15"s. One was Goodyear...I just searched it on Discount Tire's web page, but all that came back was the 35"s. http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fi...=true&cf=false&rd=15&sw=false&rc=INIINT&cs=35

I know that Interco (Super Swampers) used to make a 37" Truxxus MT, which I have always heard good things about.

I think the new Interco M16 is also supposed to be available as a 37.

If you go online to 4-wheel parts and register, they will send you the 'Off-Road Adventures' magazine which is really just a brochure for their own wares, with a few articles thrown in. They always list about every major offroad tire manufacturer, sizes and price. That would be a good place to look.

Good luck.

John

OP
OP
hollowch

hollowch

Loc.
Midland, TX
Up til recently, there were only a handful (2 or 3) places making 37" tall 15"s. One was Goodyear...I just searched it on Discount Tire's web page, but all that came back was the 35"s. http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fi...=true&cf=false&rd=15&sw=false&rc=INIINT&cs=35

I know that Interco (Super Swampers) used to make a 37" Truxxus MT, which I have always heard good things about.

I think the new Interco M16 is also supposed to be available as a 37.

If you go online to 4-wheel parts and register, they will send you the 'Off-Road Adventures' magazine which is really just a brochure for their own wares, with a few articles thrown in. They always list about every major offroad tire manufacturer, sizes and price. That would be a good place to look.

Good luck.

John

you are right that M16 is available in 15" although it is an inch wider than my 35's (not a big deal really). The website says they do well on the highway, thanks for the help

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
Although, not exactly what you were asking, for a Swamper, I had the SSR's On my F-150.. Being that I bought them, knowing they were a mud terrain tire and planned to use them as such as well as drive them on the road, I was fairly forgiving amd impressed.. I eventually wore them down pretty close to the end, I decided to go with something more road friendly, the BFG A/T in a 315-16 (35")... I feel I never got the ride I expected and got more life out of the SSR's.. After the set I had on my wife's Explorer wore out at 40K, I've sworn myself off of BFG as a whole... Long storry short, I'd recomend the SSR's. Just remember its a made for off road radial.. It may require truing.. I didnt find a 15" version, but my buddy has Nitto's and love's them.. On a side note, it might be more cost effective to step up to a 16 or 17" rim.. The 15's are the 13"s of the 00's, becoming very hard to come by and expensive for that reason..

OP
OP
hollowch

hollowch

Loc.
Midland, TX
Although, not exactly what you were asking, for a Swamper, I had the SSR's On my F-150.. Being that I bought them, knowing they were a mud terrain tire and planned to use them as such as well as drive them on the road, I was fairly forgiving amd impressed.. I eventually wore them down pretty close to the end, I decided to go with something more road friendly, the BFG A/T in a 315-16 (35")... I feel I never got the ride I expected and got more life out of the SSR's.. After the set I had on my wife's Explorer wore out at 40K, I've sworn myself off of BFG as a whole... Long storry short, I'd recomend the SSR's. Just remember its a made for off road radial.. It may require truing.. I didnt find a 15" version, but my buddy has Nitto's and love's them.. On a side note, it might be more cost effective to step up to a 16 or 17" rim.. The 15's are the 13"s of the 00's, becoming very hard to come by and expensive for that reason..

Just think... at this rate we'll all be riding around on DUBz before we know it.