• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need an expert opinion on this Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
looks nice but kinda pricey. not sure what's up with the under hood plumbing. also need to lose the sheep sitting on the seats.;D

OP
OP
C

cmac

Thanks for the review. The seats are in bad shape. The sheep are hiding them.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
I wouldn't say it's that pricey if it is in as good of a condition as the pictures suggest. Those are some really good photos which can be a bit deceiving. None of the typical rust spots are visible.

What's it look like underneath? Would be nice to see photos from below, and also to peek under that carpet.

The upper seat belt attachment points are super shady, need to move those down to the rollbar, but other than that a quick glance doesn't reveal anything too bad other than the creative heater hose plumbing as noted above!

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
Looks like it's starting to rust through on the drivers side inner fender by the firewall. The passenger side looks a bit suspect, as well. I would inspect it first hand. Also crawl under it and check for leaks, rusty floorboards, etc. The price seems high to me, but what do I know? I bought mine over 20 years ago!

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
That's an $9,000 - $12,000 in my opinion. Not an original survivor, not heavily modified. A pretty run of the mill Early Bronco that was decently taken care of.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Well it looks nice in the photos but the drivers inner fender has the typical rust and if you look close I would say the passenger one is starting as well. That would lead me to believe there are other areas. Wonder what is hiding under the Berber carpet upgrade as well. In the write up it says there is a new tilt column and wheel but the ones in the photo are stock. I would probably opt to go look at it if you are serious. Maybe see if you can find a bronco brother close to you to look at it with you. That kind of money should buy you a real nice truck.

OP
OP
C

cmac

Great advice and comments! Please keep them coming.

OP
OP
C

cmac

yes. it was listed by the dealer on my link. it did not meet their reserve price during the auction.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Looks like a decent truck! However, if your gonna spend the money on one of these you absolutely have to get under the truck on your back with a flash light and look at everything. Front Posts, Rear Posts, Rear Bed Assemblies, Up inside the rear Fenders, etc....

If you truck is truly from AZ and CA originally and was garaged in Missouri I am a bit shocked to see the inner fenders in the engine bay by the firewall showing signs of rust. However, anything is possible. Good Luck!

Spartan

Loc.
Backwoods, KS
I've been to their "museum/showroom" several times years ago. They do DECENT work, NOT concours by a long shot. And they are ALWAYS over priced on everything they list/have for sale, even their projects! (I considered buying a 70 super bee project and they wanted WWAAYY to much and treated it like s hemi car)

You have 2 options that id suggest- *in my opinion*;
1) talk em down to a realistic # or
2) keep looking

OP
OP
C

cmac

Thanks for all the advice. This has been a big help. One last question, how common are well kept rust free/minimal rust, stock looking early bronco's? It seems the nice ones are in great demand and don't last long on the market.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
how common are well kept rust free/minimal rust, stock looking early bronco's? It seems the nice ones are in great demand and don't last long on the market.

Quite rare, very un-common, usually high priced and sold quickly!!! But ya' need to see it in person and know what to look for!!!%)%)%) A lot of folks advertise their rig to be like that, when it's really not!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.