• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help converting EB into a Half Cab

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
My ongoing project has taken a new turn. I just purchased a Half Cab top(thanks eric aka krunchytaco). I want to convert my Bronco into a Half Cab. Any one know how difficult of a task I have undertaken, since my '74 wasn't produced as a half cab?

I still need to buy the bulkhead, but...I don't know where to begin with the conversion. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Charlie.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
bulkhead.
new seats, probably want a bench.
new speaker locations for stereo.
that's all i can come up with at the moment.... %)

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
My '73 was born a wagon and someone added the halfcab top and bulkhead. It had a bench seat when I got it. It looks like a EB seat, but I don't know if it came from the halfcab donor or not.

sixtysix

Loc.
Manchester, MO
I don't think your "standard" four point roll bar will fit with a half cab because of the angle of the bulkhead and position of the back of the cab.

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
I shouldn't be to hard. If you want some specific pics let me know, I can take some of mine.. I will be removing my half cab here in a few days to build a roll cage that will fit under it..

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I/2 Cab

Hey When I Built My 72 Bronco I Didnt Know It Wasnt Suppose To Have A Half Top ...so I Just Went At It ...what I Figured Out Is ' If Your A Big Old Boy It's Mighty Close To Your Belly... I Used 1987 Bronco Ii Seat High Backs And Recoverd Them ...i Had Them And Liked The Way They Set..also I'm Now In The Process Of Puting A Tilt Wheel In And Have Gained About 4 To 6 Inch Of Room ...for My Speaker I Put Them In The Back Of My Center Console..their About 6 Inchs Each .i Also Put About 2inch Speaker In Front Of Console ...so The Console Doesnt Hold Much...i'm Sure This Doesnt Work For Some Of You Guys ...it Sure Beat Hell Out Of The Old Am Box...another Item Is That You Cant Remove Thre Old Stock Steering Column In One Piece With A Half Cab ..so Take The Wheel Off Or Fix Column Before The Top Goes On ..i Put Bed Liner On My Top And In The Bed To Seal It All .dust And Water Worked Great...
Also Bought All New Seal And Door Gaskets...
Also The Seat Wont Tilt Back Much So Check This Out ..and There Is Only Room For 2 People But I Still Think It Cool..i'm Trying To Figure Out How To Insolate The Top From The Texas Heat...i'm Also Planing An Ac Upgrade Next Summer ..my Though Is With The Small Size Of The Half Cab It Should Really Cool Good .
..feel Free To Add Your Thought's On This Price ..trouble ..what To Look For ..i Thought I Had It Found But My Source Dried Up..