• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help with floor pan measurements please.

screamin reel

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta, Ca
It seems that things just don't line up. I have drilled the hole in the center of the pan but once the bolt is in, it sits about a 1/2" away from the tunnel plus it also seems my pan is about 1/2" longer than the original.
Could someone please get me the following measuements:

1) Back of pan to where it starts to bend up the firewall. I have 34 5/8 "
2) Back of pan to center of body mount hole. I have 31"
3) Center of hole to the bend at the start of the tunnel. I have 6 1/2"

Maybe it's because I'm having a brain fart and no beer in the system.

I appreciate the help.

Attachments

• floor 1.jpg
    floor 1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 31
  • floor 3.jpg
    floor 3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 20
  • floor 4.jpg
    floor 4.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
I tried to measure but I have a built in tool box under the Pass seat making it really hard to measure.

muladesigns1

Loc.
Goodyear AZ
Welcome to the world of aftermarket body panels! Your not having a brain fart. Most of the time aftermarket panels do need to be adjusted, stretched,shrunk,trimmed, bent, filed,etc. in order to make them fit. Take your time, finish you beer and comense forth with the modifications!
Good Luck with it.

OP
OP
screamin reel

screamin reel

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta, Ca
I'm pretty sure that I will need to nip a 1/2" off the rear of the pan and relocate the hole to about 7" from the tunnel bend. Won't proceed until I get a measure though.

muladesigns1

Loc.
Goodyear AZ
Didn't you save the old floor when you took it out?
I am going to my shop tonight and can get some pics and measurements for you, but I can't get them to you till tomorrow. If I see you don't have your answer I'll post em for you. My floor is stock and completely accessible. Let me know what else you need Ill be happy to help

ransil

Bronco Guru
I drill the hole last from the bottom, then beat in a dimple.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
To get my bolt hole lined up...I trimmed the pan as needed to fit in place then layed it where it fit good. Took a pencil and stuck it up through the body mount from the bottom and marked a spot on the bottom of my new pan to drill through that way it would be all inline. My mark was about 1/2 off where the center of the original divit where the hole was actually supposed to be, but I was able to dent it a bit more and make the divit a bit bigger so it looks close to center. After I used my bed liner ..you cant even tell.

Good Luck,

Blue71

66Gasgrill

Loc.
Canton, NC
I just made a set of pans for one I'm getting ready to sell. Lets see.

Back to bend 34 1/4"
Back to Body mount 31 1/8"
Center body mount to bend 3 1/2"

Probably not nos measurements but it fit pretty nice HTH.

Oh if you do relocate the body mount, a 2" trailer ball and a 9" axle bearing retainer make a very nice body mount recess;D that one free;)

muladesigns1

Loc.
Goodyear AZ
OK Screaming here it is... All your measurements check out to be the same as on my stock floor with the exception of the body bolt from the trans hump to bolt center. You have 61/2 from where the floor meets hump and I have 6 15/16th's to center.
Please feel free if you need anything else, I just have to replace both drivers and pass foot rest area and will not be getting to it for at least two months, Hope this helped you, Good Luck!