• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need input need help 5in super lift rear spring pack,,

jcrjust4u

Loc.
Harrington Delaware
I have a new 5in super lift complete kit double shocks at every wheel with back leaf springs no blocks just re-arched leaf spring pack and front coils. The back sits lower it like looks 2in lower I want to level the back up even with the front so am i going to have to put in blocks between the springs and rear or some shackle work what would be better need some input...%)

Dannyboy71

How about just adding the helper spring instead. I think Wild Horses sells it.

OP
OP
jcrjust4u

jcrjust4u

Loc.
Harrington Delaware
Maybe a year same for the back shocks too It rides great nice and straight from 0- 60-70> mph. It's not real bad just looks like a old muscle car lifted in the front when its sitting still. Now if you punch she squats the rear a bit. Yeah may have to add a leaf to solve the problem....

HELLFIRE

Loc.
West Monroe, LA
That's odd. Most of the time Superlift 5.5" rear springs sit 1-2" higher in the rear. Was going to say maybe you needed to let them settle in the front but that should have been plenty of time if they have been on there for a year.

I used to work for Superlift in sales/tech and I was the "Bronco Guy" I guess you could say since I owned one. Mine had that same spring setup on it. And sat high in the rear. And every time someone would call and complain about the springs it was because the rear was too high.

Most add-a-leaf's are not going to do much because that spring pack is already arched. You would probably get little more than the thickness of the leaf you added. Block would probably be your best bet in my opinion.

OP
OP
jcrjust4u

jcrjust4u

Loc.
Harrington Delaware
Well you may have a point yes the lift has been on it a year but no motor weight till two month ago and only driven maybe 150 miles since then.So maybe your right it need to still settle Thanks for your response....

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
sure they sent the right rear springs and not 3.5"?

HELLFIRE

Loc.
West Monroe, LA
sure they sent the right rear springs and not 3.5"?

Could be a chance of that too. Though they had started phasing the 3.5 springs out a while back. They may have started to get more or that could have been old stock.

If the numbers are still the same they used to be 01-163 for the 3.5 and 01-164 for the 5.5".

Also a possibility you may have the 6" F150 front springs. I ended up putting those on mine and it sat about 1-1.5" high in the front even with a heavy winch bumper and winch. The springs they use for early Broncos are the same ones they use for F150s. 4" on the 150 gives about 5.5 on a Bronco and the 6" 150 gives about 7-7.5" on a Bronco