• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need NP435 Rebuild in Puget Sound area....suggestions???

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
Anyone know a good place to rebuild an NP435 in the Puget Sound area? Preferably the South Sound area (Tacoma, Federal Way, Kent, Auburn, Renton area). I need it rebuilt by early next week so I can get back in the bronco before SOB. It'll be out of the Bronco tomorrow night.

Ryan.

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
Get you a 1-1/8th wooden dowel rod and a good set of snap ring pliars and do it yourself with a kit from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard.. I did my T-19 in about 2 hours....pretty much the same, and the kit was only $139 if I remember right and it came with everything...

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ryans71 said:
Anyone know a good place to rebuild an NP435 in the Puget Sound area? Preferably the South Sound area (Tacoma, Federal Way, Kent, Auburn, Renton area). I need it rebuilt by early next week so I can get back in the bronco before SOB. It'll be out of the Bronco tomorrow night.

Ryan.

Get it done? ;D

OP
OP
Ryans71

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
Yep. Got it done at Speedy transmission in Auburn. Recommended by a couple of people. Got it back in and it seems to work fine.

Just waiting for my PS Gear to rebuilt now. Won't get it till Wednesday

Ryan.

OP
OP
Ryans71

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
Well they had to replace the 3 & 4 synchro and bearing kit. It was just at 7 bills............they did turn it in 24 hrs.

Ryan.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Didn't you just do this rebuild yourself recently?

OP
OP
Ryans71

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
No, I only removed the output shaft to get it machined down to the proper length for the adaptor..........wish I would have done it now. I purchased it used.

Ryan.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
wow 7! :'( :eek: :eek: :eek: owwwwwww.
It better have a 2yr warranty!
Ed's Transmission just worked on mine a yr after my warranty expired and didn't take a nickel from me last week. :D

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Np 435

Come On Guys ...really 5 To 7 Bills..... Man Me And My Running Buddy He Also Has A Bronco ...we Only Gave 75.00 Each For Ours We Bought 3 From One Wrecking Yard .... One For A Spare Just In Case ....these Are Tough As One Can Get ...look Around .....now I'm New To This And You May Need Tougher Ones Than Wrecking Yards Units ..but Look Around And Save Your Dollars....take The Women To Supper .
..course, In Your Bronco..
.......................................papitt............

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
he didn't buy it for 5 to 7 he had it rebuilt for that price. Yeah its steep but not $75 to 700 steep.75 it what yoou will pay here for a picknpull. I am sure 24 hours added 200 maybe 250.
I guess that is the price for 24 hours! bUt OI can tell you that if you had needed
even one gear, it would have gone up very quickly.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
I got really lucky with mine. I picked it up used for $100 and tore into it to find that it needed a new first gear. New gears, as mentioned, get expensive. But, a couple of months later, I noticed that somebody on ebay had completely torn apart an NP435 and were selling all of the parts. I got a "new" first gear for $25 plus shipping that was in great shape. All of that plus a complete rebuild kit gave me a rebuilt tranny for about $260.