• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CO Need Smog equipment for 96 Explorer setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I recently relocated to CO and now I need to make my 76 Bronco emissions compliant to 96 Explorer standards since that is the set-up that I am running.

So Imin search of emissions related parts for 96/97 5.0 Explorers. If anyone is doing the Explorer swap and has cats, secondary O2 sensors/pigtails, evap or any of the other emissions stuff, I need it. I can pay for shipping, depending on the parts and what they are worth.

Thanks!

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
My suggestion would be to hook up with someone who is pulling the Explorer stuff out and grab it from them directly. Might be less molested that way...

Reach out to EFI Guy... Garry pulls a lot of the wiring out of the harnesses he gets to modify. Maybe he has take offs? He is in CO.

How are you going to deal with the tank pressurization check with evap? I know it changed some over the years...

I made a 77 Bronco smog legal here in CA with 89 Mustang EFI components, lots of hoops with the smog Ref... Twin Cats / on dual exhaust... Joy. The thing ran clean when I was done.

Good luck!
Doug

OP
OP
trailpsycho

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
My suggestion would be to hook up with someone who is pulling the Explorer stuff out and grab it from them directly. Might be less molested that way...

Reach out to EFI Guy... Garry pulls a lot of the wiring out of the harnesses he gets to modify. Maybe he has take offs? He is in CO.

How are you going to deal with the tank pressurization check with evap? I know it changed some over the years...

I made a 77 Bronco smog legal here in CA with 89 Mustang EFI components, lots of hoops with the smog Ref... Twin Cats / on dual exhaust... Joy. The thing ran clean when I was done.

Good luck!
Doug

Garry has been a huge help to get me through the Explorer upgrade from Mustang stuff over the last couple of years. Got lucky moving pretty close to him; heck, we are practically neighbors. I hope to lean on he and others in the CO Bronco community to get me through this big hurdle and show me some of the nearby terrain. I'm hoping to find parts wherever I can unless I can ID a donor vehicle from our peeps in this community.

Thanks for the lead though!

stretch

Loc.
Montgomery, TX
Another option is to join Co Classic Broncos. I lived in CO for a time and purchased my Bronco there. They are a great bunch of guys and helped me out with the purchase. I'm sure they can send you in the right direction with the smog gear.

I have the elbow and egr for a 98 Explorer. Don't know it that would help you, but it is yours if needed.

It has been years since I left, but they use to have meet and greets all the time.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
I have the exhaust from where it bolts to the exhaust manifolds back through the 02 sensors and Cats if you are interested.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I have a 96 EGR intake elbow with the EGR valve... Probably have the bolts too.
Since it is internally fed, can you open up the passages in the upper/lower plenums? Assuming they are blocked off?
Pay for shipping is all I ask...

Status
Not open for further replies.