• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need smog & evap equipment!

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
How about what year do you have and what state are you in?

Is it for a restoration or do you need to pass a smog?

Someone here will have the answer for every state ;)

Found the answer - in the Parts wanted section : 1977 and you are in CA

You can use a Charcoal canister from an 80's 90's Ford Mustang, you can bend up your own 1/4" lines from the tank(s) to the canister, (If you have two tanks there is a check valve that mounts to the frame under the pass seat) the flex hose from the CC to the air cleaner is still available.

Do you have anything of the smog equipment? Air cleaner, flex hose, air duct from the Rad support, pre-heat tube and heat stove from the R/S exh manifold, the exhaust manifolds?

I am just touching the surface here....

But you do have a smog pump bracket from BB above :)

Attachments

• C-Canister.JPG
    C-Canister.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Emissions Hose.JPG
    Emissions Hose.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN1320.jpg
    DSCN1320.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN1331.jpg
    DSCN1331.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN1322.jpg
    DSCN1322.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Galt72

Contributor
Years ago I went to pick an pull and yanked everything out of a Maveric or Montego, Torino or something like that. Cheap and readly available.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Years ago I went to pick an pull and yanked everything out of a Maveric or Montego, Torino or something like that. Cheap and readly available.

Ha! That's what I did in '77. Mom's Montego air cleaner, a soup can clamped to the header, aluminum flex for a preheat tube, and they let it pass!

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Ha! That's what I did in '77. Mom's Montego air cleaner, a soup can clamped to the header, aluminum flex for a preheat tube, and they let it pass!

Did you tell everyone it had a souped up engine.
Back in the day California had a rolling smog cut off date,by that I mean every year another year would be exempt, until they froze it at 1965 and back. well I had been waiting for my 66 VW to go exempt but with the law change it never would,so I sold it and bought a 63.
The firebreathing cars that had no way of passing would take out a non-op the year it needed smogged and you could register it the next year because smog was required every other year. Loop hole!

Good luck on your quest....Or sell it and go back a couple years

Galt72

Contributor
California has changed that law a little since then. My 72 has not needed smog for a bunch of years now. Don't know what the cut off date is now.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
California has changed that law a little since then. My 72 has not needed smog for a bunch of years now. Don't know what the cut off date is now.

75 and older do not need the Bi-annual smog check... that makes 76-77 not that popular here in Kalifornia...

TheGanzman

Loc.
San Clemente

Here in Kalifornia, you're good from 1975 back - meaning that the vehicle needs to have its original "Smog Equipment" present for that particular year...

Having said that, it's been my ACTUAL experience that it depends on who's looking at your pre-1976 vehicle when you bring it into The Golden State. You get the "wrong" DMV person, and you're proper f*cked - truly a crap shoot, made a little bit better by a AAA membership. I generally "play it safe" by buying an already-titled-here-in-CA vehicle, even if it costs me a little more up front - now pardon me while I go check the PCV valve on my '69 Bronco, to make sure that I'm "in compliance"...;D