• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need some electrical advice

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
A while back i had a problem starting the Bronco. To make a long story short, I had to jump the starter relay to get it running. Well, as I was completing my new dash install, I noticed a cut wire under the dash an I traced it back to the neutral safety switch - this explains why I couldn't start the Bronco by using the key. I rewired the electrical system when I first installed the EFI setup using the attached diagram and all worked well. But now, I am having trouble figuring out just where to reattch the neutral safety switch wire. If you look at the diagram. blue/red wire runs from the key to the junction block and out to the NS switch - but where does it go from there?
Thanks

Attachments

• EFI_Wiring[1].JPG
    EFI_Wiring[1].JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 43

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
back to the starter relay?!?

That would complete the circuit for ignition and put it through the safety switch to keep you from starting it while in gear.

teqoso

Loc.
walnut creek,ca
On the wire from the neutral safety switch there is two wires. Am I to undersatnd that one wire connects to the wire from the Ignition and the other would connect to the starter relay, basically breaking the connection between the starter relay and the ignition switch. I want to install my neutral switch this weekend and just want to be correct. Thanks, sorry to jump in but somewhat similar.

OP
OP
Waverous

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Sure seems obvious don't it - just want to be sure ;)
BoltBuster said:
back to the starter relay?!?

That would complete the circuit for ignition and put it through the safety switch to keep you from starting it while in gear.

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
I havnt seen a nuetral switch in a offical drawing yet for an EB. but that is what I have done in past fabrications. I have also seen the same circuit used for your security, although I would prefer the start/run (red and green) wire for security to be broken and nuetral in the start (red and blue). Most normally open dry contacts in average security systems cant take the amp abuse from the start relay.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
The Wire from your ignition runs to the Neutral Safety Switch and then back up to the "S" post on your starter relay. That is it. I am not sure if the EFI computer will change that though. There is a port in the computer for automatic EFI's.