• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

:(:(:( NEVER let the sister drive:(:(:(

BroncGuy7710

Loc.
Louisville Ky
alright so i wake up like, 20 minutes late for work, i rush to get ready and throw my keys to my sis and ask her to start the bronco up. (shes 20 so i didn't think it'd be a problem) as i am throwin my coat on i hear a HUGE SCREEEEECCHHH, CRACK" so i FLIP OUT. i run into the garage and it turns out she decided to back it out for me, and scrapes the right front panel over the garage door track, and procedes to take out the wood and brick of the side of our garage!:mad: :mad: :mad: Took most of the paint off the panel, theres no reflector any more, it's dented like crazy, and the garage door track is bent all to hell!
i didn't get a chance to yell at her cuz she ran inside and i had to leave.....
moral to the story? DON'T LET ANYONE TOUCH YOUR BRONCO. but i am sure most of you already know that.....:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

anyone else have stories of wives, sisters, moms, g/f's, etc messin up your pride and joy?

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
my exwife was driving my prerunner and got on the gas too hard on a dirt road. it came around on her and she proceeded to put the quarterpanel into a mailbox & post.
that wasn't really appreciated.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
I let a roommate drive mine. When he was parking it, he thot he had put it in neutral. He let out the clutch and it launched deep into some blackberry bushes, heavy duty brambles with thorns bigger than roses. and it was muddy. He had to crawl thru it all to engage the hubs to back it out. His girl friend said she needed two boxes on Band Ades to fix him up.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I let my sister drive mine ONCE (when I was a little more naive) and she just ignored me when I was talking about the underseat fuel selector valve. Then I got a panicked call about the Bronco being stalled in the middle of the freeway. That really pissed me off.

My friend drove my Bronco last year (only because I had been drinking) and didn't mess anything up.

Now with the ZF, the rear Detroit and the 408, it's really quite a handful to drive if you aren't used to it. Also people today don't understand that a motor with high compression and forged pistons has to warm up before any load is put on it. The notion of fouled plugs apparently is a lost one.

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
My roomate drove mine one time and come back with the rock guard dragging =/

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
It's kinda long, but:
My wife asked me one time when I was sleeping ( I work 3rd shift) if she could take the Bronco to work. I just had it painted, and new dual exhaust put on with glasspacks, so it's pretty loud, especially with no top, or doors...
Anyways, the phone wakes me up about 3:00 P.M. and she says the Bronco won't start. My imediate responce was why she was driving my Bronco? She said I told her she could drive it to work. I was P'od...I told her to try it again, and if it didn't start to call back...She got some guy walking across the parking lot for help...It seems she had it started the first time, but didn't hear it running...
How can you NOT hear dual glasspacks with no top or doors? Needless to say, it was the last time she drove it, and NEVER alowed to ask me again when i'm sleeping...

hackyrat

My wife wanted to warm the bronco up in the driveway. Did not get the emergency brake tight enough. It rolled across the street and ran into my brothers van. No bronco damage but paid for brothers bumper.

She was turning onto our street. Traffic required her to stop and wait. Someone rear ended the bronco, totaled the car that ran into her with minor damage to bronco.

I still let her drive it though. That's married life%)

45acp

Loc.
Texarkana AR
first of all, the wife does not ever drive the bronco. NOT EVER.

a few years ago she was gonna take the explorer (my daily driver) out for the day. the bronco was parked directly behind it. she gets in the X, and backs right into the bronco without ever looking. didnt hurt the bronc bumper one bit, but caved the hatch in on the explorer.

her excuse was she didnt see it (notice my avatar and really think about that one). how could you not see it??:?

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
Ok, so everyone is bashing on the wife/girlfriend here.... I let my ex-boyfriend drive it ... by the time he was done, I needed to replace the clutch due to his impatience and ramming of gears and she had several engine fireswith him .....
With my 68 mustang, I was stopped at a stop light. Before I knew it, I was rear-ended.... The person's excuse ... She was looking at my car and reminising about her "younger years" to her daughter who was with her... So apparently in her time spent admiring my baby, she forgot to stop ????
The worst was in high school, my mom backed into my mustang.... she said that she did not realize it was there .... How can you not see it???? It did a lot of damage to her door and front fender .... No damage to the pony thogh... I love old cars.

th45cruzr

Thats too bad that some of you have to guard your cars that way. I wouldn't think twice about letting any member of my family drive any of my cars. Even my 15 year old sister could handle any of the hotrods ive built (including a 380hp El Camino with drum brakes:eek: ) and she drives the longbed, supercab, diesel, 6-speed 4x4 F-350 all the time without problems.

72bronco

Bronco Guru
Don't be too hard on your sister. I'm sure she didn' mean to do it and she probably feels pretty bad. The truck can be fixed. I know you have that sickening feeling now but someday you'll look back and laugh about this one. The important thing is that nobody was hurt.

VBH289

Loc.
Colorado
After reading these I really thought I should add my stories... The first one was when I got my first bronco... A 1966 Roadster I wish I still had.:-[ I payed 700 bux for it and brought it home. It was teal green with a white soft top. My mom desided to go to town in her 1996 Dodge Intrepid. Well I guess she didn't see it or something... Backed into it and totally totaled the rear end of the intrepid. Tail lights, bumper, trunk fenders... Oh man then she blames it on me?:? .. The next one still lingers more then anything else... My friend had let me drive his sweet 69' Camero, so I reluctently let him take my bronco down a road in town next to a park. There was a really pretty good sized puddle of water off to the right of the road, and he hit it going like 60 mph with stock steering and all. Then he pulls it out back on to the road. by now the thing is sideways smoking all four tires trying to lean over and roll:-[ :'( :eek: .. The only thing that saved my bronco is that for my lift I installed 1-ton leaf springs with coil over shocks and i also did the same for the front but it has a four shock setup with rancho rs5000s. thank god I did that and didn't leave it stock. So anyway, the deal is " IF ANYONE THAT GOES TO DRIVE YOUR BRONCO EVER HAS DRIVEN A SPORTY CAR OR THINKS THE BRONCO IS A CAR KILL THEM "BEFORE" THEY GET IN IT:"
sorry just my 2 cents;D

rayc

Loc.
Western Oregon
I can't blame anyone for the little "crash" I had, except the guy who built it. I went out to warm it up one morning, and reached in and turned the ignition. It was in reverse, and the p.o. forgot to install the neutral safety switch.

$3,300 worth of work to the fender and door and six weeks without my bronco:-[ But I got the safety switch installed. My garage still has broken sheetrock from where the door caught it. Lucky it did or I would have Wrangler tread on me;D

fatcatmatt74

Loc.
Jupiter FL
Well my wife didnt wreck mine BUT...
she drove it to work on the way she stops at the day care and shuts it off. i get the phone call It wont start it just spins over.
so i tell her just crank on it itll start it probably just flooded.
needless to say it wasnt flooded. but the fibre timing chain gear had let go at only 87000 original miles. 2 bent valves led to a $3000 "repair". about 300hp later im happy my wife HURT mine.;)

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
Everytime I chaufer my mom around because she likes the Bronco and I have nothing to do, the passenger door handle gets sticky and takes two times for it to latch and shut. So she has to climb over through the driver door. When we get home I stroll over with the key and wouldnt you know it, it works just fine. Just enforces my minivans and v6 SUV theory.

classic4x4s

Loc.
Zachary, LA
It wasn't my Bronco, but I had a ranger that my Grandmother backed into. Not much damage, but her response was "I thought I had about a foot, guess I only had 11 inches"! What could I say?