• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bumper & Roll Cage (pics)

Jimmyjames

Loc.
Romulus, AL
Here are my new Bumper & Roll Cage

jamesowens5.jpg

and

jamesowens8.jpg

What do yall think? ;D

OP
OP
J

Jimmyjames

Loc.
Romulus, AL
A Buddy of mine builds bumpers & he built it for me. My metal working skills are not at that level (yet). ;D

He mostly makes bumpers for full size trucks but he can fab up most anything. Here is his web page.

http://dixiemfg.com./

Jimmy

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Nice ... it's always good to see something original like that . Sweet looking paint on there too ! is it powder coated or what ?

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I like it. I like that he took the extra time to put that little bend on the end of the upper stringers. I like the triangulation of them too. Nice work.

Dusty

mgweiss

Loc.
Denver
Couldn't tell from your pics, but how do the front bars run to the floor? I noticed that your glove box still opens just fine.

OP
OP
J

Jimmyjames

Loc.
Romulus, AL
Thanks guys.

The cage and bumper are not powder coated. He just shot them with a paint gun.

I don't know the name of the bender he has (I can find out). But it is a heavy duty hydro ram that you work with a foot pedal.

It is a six point cage and it is tied into the body mounts. I think I now have a 3/8" body lift.

It does interfere with the glove box, the door is off for now will have to mod it to slide over.

I don't have any side shots on the web but could email you one. Just send me a message. The hard top will go back on.

Jimmyjames

OP
OP
J

Jimmyjames

Loc.
Romulus, AL
Sorry guys I dont have a side shot of the cage online (yet). These photos are in the gallery and I am linking to them. I just sent in a side shot but it may be awhile before it is in the gallery.

here is a side shot of the bumper though ;)

jamesowens4.jpg

Jimmyjames