• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New D60 Solid Knuckles

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
Fugured I would post up the pics of my Solid Axle KP knuckles. Twisted the top of the driver side stock one so they needed to be replaced. Went with the solid ones that have a keyway machined into the tops- had my ballistic arms machined to accept the keyway. Also made some rock skis for the lower caps to stop the smearing off of the grease fitting. Waiting on the new upper seals since these knuckles use the 86-91 ford seals. Looks like I will need to clearance the knuckles a little since they are hitting the Crane inner C's with are pretty big. More to come- getting her ready for the RC trip on the 20th

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
gravy

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
update

Finally got it back togther yesterday while the little one was knapping. Needed to get 86-91 upper KP seals (see the difference in the pic). Also had to grind a little inside the knuckle for clearance for the big yukon outers. Installed new spindles also while I had it apart. Still a few more things to finish up. Took a few pics to show how beefy these knuckles are. For 400 bucks I think they are well worth it.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 27
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 26

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice! Those knuckles are bada$$...serious beef. It looks like you can say goodbye to the theoretical Ford D60 knuckle weak link if that's what you were running before. I like your grease fitting protection...I've seen similar with weld-on bungs instead of plate on edge and they work great based on the number of rock scars and the fact that the fittings were still intact.