• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New guys needs advice for custom build

ksungela

Hello, First time poster here wanting to do an early Bronco custom build. I found a couple of rolling chassis with VIN tags and title for sale near me and could use some info.
First off, what's the going price for a rolling chassis with stock drivetrain (engine and trans.) with title and glovebox tag?
Second, for an aftermarket body, I see Rustbelt Broncos and Dennis Carpenter supplying assembled bodies. Anybody else? How would you rate these two suppliers?
Third, I plan on installing a Coyote engine. I see Kincer and Roadstershop making chassis ($$$$). Does anybody make a kit to install new suspension on a stock frame? I would want a moderate lift, say 3".
Thanks in advance.
Ken

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
Ken Welcome ..I'm guessing your also active on the SPI forum? I'd say 3-7k on a rolling chassis with powertrain not running,non running complete with rust 10k and up..condition .location and good luck

as for Tittle be carefull...make sure frame vin stamping matches ,,the VIN is stamped on the top of the right hand frame rail about 12 inches back from back edge of spring purch...

bodies complete one option ,,you can also purchase the body in pieces and fit assemble yourself..wildhorses ,,Tom's ,Bronco graveyard, BC bronco ..Duffs to name a few vendors..
Northeast ford parts {delconick} another option for assembled bodies...and I'm sure many more

OP
OP
K

ksungela

Thanks. Yes, I'm on the SPI forum. I've been doing corvettes, but came across these Broncos that look simpler. I'll check out Duffs, he's closest.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
Thanks. Yes, I'm on the SPI forum. I've been doing corvettes, but came across these Broncos that look simpler. I'll check out Duffs, he's closest.
Duffs would be more for suspension and such ,..not really for sheet metal or bodies,,..thers also fiberglass bodies broncodesign.com,

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Shannon's Bronco Body's out of CA. Can't beat the quality.

https://shannonsbroncos.com/

Be prepared to spend almost double what your initial parts list has for a subtotal. lol

It's what happens and I"m not exaggerating. :)

masontel

Loc.
Star Valley
Ken Welcome ..I'm guessing your also active on the SPI forum? I'd say 3-7k on a rolling chassis with powertrain not running,non running complete with rust 10k and up..condition .location and good luck

as for Tittle be carefull...make sure frame vin stamping matches ,,the VIN is stamped on the top of the right hand frame rail about 12 inches back from back edge of spring purch...

bodies complete one option ,,you can also purchase the body in pieces and fit assemble yourself..wildhorses ,,Tom's ,Bronco graveyard, BC bronco ..Duffs to name a few vendors..
Northeast ford parts {delconick} another option for assembled bodies...and I'm sure many more
Whats's the SPI forum?

Torkman66

Contributor
You will need to add 30% of your total budget for shipping unless you live close to a Bronco supply place. Just like the Broncos have gone crazy in price, so have the parts. You can get 65/66 musttsng parts for 30% less than Bronco parts. It crazy!!!!

Unless you plan on major body panel repair due to rust (it will likely be everywhere) you might want just a rolling chassis and title and buy a new tub and every part. Drivetrain is easy and should be new or rebuilt, interior will all be new, all electrical and everything it hooks up to will be new, that leaves body work. Rust will triple the cost and the time it takes.

OP
OP
K

ksungela

I'm on the waiting list at Northeast Ford parts for a complete body. At first I completed discounted a Kincer chassis because of the cost, but as time goes on, the market appears flooded with modified stock chassis broncos so I may reconsider.