• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New hard top quick release system

Randy Frischman

Check out the Pop A Top Quick Release System. You can release your top in about one minute. No tools no bolt. Looks like a winner to me! Go to popatopsuvquickrelease.com

redpony

Contributor
Yeah, Looks good. But did I miss seeing the price for the kit?

Gerbow

Loc.
Jacksonville
The video sucked from a consumer stand point. Didnt show me anything except a guy about ripped his sleeve off his shirt.

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
I would say Spammer is a good guess. There are only two Randy Frischman's in the U.S. that I can find. One in Phoenix, OR, and the other in Georgia. Based on the area code of the company, it appears they are located in or near Phoenix, OR. Coincidence?

bushman

Loc.
Oregon City, OR
Seems like a good idea to me. However the real reason I hesitate to take my top off is the fact it weighs a freakin' ton.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
A guy at work invented a quick release system years ago. You just wait until the nuts vibrate off of the bolts, get on the freeway and take the speed up to about 60 mph and wait for the top to release.;D Then all you have to do is wait for the letters from the attorneys. Forgot to mention it was a camper shell. Flys alot easier.

RustyNutz

Loc.
Coos Bay
Yep definitely posting his own product. Looked at how it works and I don't think I would trust toggle clamps to hold my top on a highway speeds %). I would also have concerns about keeping body alignment with flexing offload. Sorry I'll pass....

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Looks like it might do the job, but is clunky and not too aesthetically pleasing to me personally.

If you like it, pick up a McMaster Carr catalog and you can get the same parts to make your own. True DeStaco clamps are pretty pricey. However, I think Enco and maybe even HF sell some knock offs that are much less.

BTW, Randy, welcome, how about an intro first next time (its sort of like foreplay around here, it may not do much for you, but it makes it a bit better for everyone else ;)).

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
no way I'm using those cheapy clamps to hold on a hundred lb top.

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
I think he was talking about a quick release off of a bra, short for braziere. Had to google the spelling myself, and I still think I got it wrong!