• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New IPF headlights installed

brixter

Loc.
Tuolumne CA
Picked up a set of IPF headlights with the XS1 super low beam H4 bulbs and WHs Illuminator wiring harness . I replaced my sealed Sylvania silverstars which were pretty good lights and I can tell you these IPF lights are far better . Just pure white light with no dead spots and extremely bright .
I love the harness as well as it allows the lows to remain on with the brights for that extra pop of light . I am thinking of running the wires to a switch to allow me to disable the high / low combo from the cab .
The lights fit my buckets without modification and they fit tight ( the silverstars were loose) The harness took less than five minutes to install as well .
Sorry no pics , my email account has to be updated and I havent been able to send email to get my contributer status back .
I know they are bit expensive but these are great lights . one of the best upgrades I have done to date .

Last edited:

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ
Picked up a set of IPF headlights with the XS1 super low beam H4 bulbs and WHs Illuminator wiring harness . I replaced my sealed Sylvania silverstars which were pretty good lights and I can tell you these IPF lights are far better . Just pure white light with no dead spots and extremely bright .
I love the harness as well as it allows the lows to remain on with the brights for that extra pop of light . I am thinking of running the wires to a switch to allow me to disable the high / low combo from the cab .
The lights fit my buckets without modification and they fit tight ( the silverstars were loose) The harness took less than five minutes to install as well .
Sorry no pics , my email account has to be updated and I havent been able to send email to get my contributer status back .
I know they are bit expensive but these are great lights . one of the best upgrades I have done to date .

I was thououghly pleased with mine also bright white light, plus a beam pattern that lights the side of the road and much farther than my old halogens.
easy upgrade

OP
OP
brixter

brixter

Loc.
Tuolumne CA
Where did you get them from and how much?
I picked mine up at Wild Horses and I paid a little over $200.00. Like I said before I know they are expensive , but it sure is nice driving to work in the morning now that I can see better.
If your considering upgrading your lighting system these are a great , easy option.

tj

Loc.
Elkhorn, CA
Where did you get them from and how much?

British Pacific sells them for $35 each. 55/60W bulbs are $19.50 ea. 80/110W bulbs are $35 ea, wiring loom kit is $89. You can use stock wiring if you use the 50/60 bulbs. If you go higher wattage can save a chunk of money by making up your own sub harness with headlamp relays.

British Pacific IPF lamps

Not cheap but the low beam cut off is VERY sharp and the lights are very good.

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
British Pacific sells them for $35 each. 55/60W bulbs are $19.50 ea. 80/110W bulbs are $35 ea, wiring loom kit is $89. You can use stock wiring if you use the 50/60 bulbs. If you go higher wattage can save a chunk of money by making up your own sub harness with headlamp relays.

Thanks for the linky!

Do these bulbs fit in the stock headlights or do you need to purchase new housings from IPF also?

smoked77

Loc.
Columbus, IN

The harness/relay is the same as the BCBroncos/Ford Fuel Injection light harness, right?