• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New member saying howdy.

Chicago Pete

Loc.
Chicago
Hi guys, just picked up this 74 a few weeks ago.
Im sure I will be spending some time here bugging you for advice.
The best, Pete

74bronco01.jpg

74bronco02.jpg

74bronco03.jpg

74bronco04.jpg

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Welcome Pete. You got a beauty there. :cool: See you around.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
VERY Nice RIG! Welcome & PLEASE don't cut that Beauty...!! :)

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice rig, love the color, looks as though someone did a nice resto job.

4G5

Loc.
Newport News,VA
Welcome aboard mate! Good lookin' unit you got there. You will find that if you have any (and I mean any) questions, they will be answered here. From the looks of it. You don't need to do much to that thing. Not unless you are getting ready to turn it into a serious trail rig.

itsabronco

Loc.
Banning, CA.
Get it over with !! Drive that baby through some bushes to get the scratches done so you dont have to worry about it !! Just Kidding. Thats a nice looking set up ! Congrats and welcome to the site !!;)

OP
OP
Chicago Pete

Chicago Pete

Loc.
Chicago
Thanks for the welcome aboard and the compliments.

Some details if you have some time to kill or are just bored:)

After looking on ebay for about a month with no luck, a friend of mine found this Bronco listed in the "for sale" section on Jeff's Bronco site.
The seller could not have been a more honest guy. Buying a car on the blind can be a spooky proposition. He accurately described every detail, I was a happy guy when it showed up.

As clean as it looks, it has still managed to make $1500 dollars disappear in the last few weeks.
I had the hardtop repainted, all new weather-stripping, new glass gaskets, new vinyl flooring, and bunch of small misc. items that added up quick.

To answer a couple of questions posted, I am keeping it bare bones stock, going for the "park ranger" look, not going to cut it.
Previous owner gave me 5 stock steel rims so the mags will be gone soon, I need to order some period correct tires.
I plan on driving it a lot, this one will not be a garage queen. I didn't want something too nice that I couldn't enjoy it.

The best, Pete

75 Ranger

Very nice Pete! Congrats on the find of a fine Bronco. Welcome to the site and enjoy the company.