• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Member & Stolen Bronco

PS

Loc.
Sebastopol, CA
Greeting to everyone from a new member. I've had my '70 for about 5 years and guess what, it's a never-ending project. I just had the motor rebuilt (302, bored .060, World Heads, cam, Edelbrock intake, Holly 650, MSD...) and picked it up last Friday. Yesterday I was pulled over twice, once by a CHP and once by a county sheriff. (No, I wasn't breaking in the new motor) It turns out there was another chrome yellow '70 Bronco stolen about a week ago in Sonoma County (Cloverdale) and because you don't see chrome yellow Broncos on every corner they thought maybe they had caught the thief. Both officers became much friendlier after checking the VIN plate ("I've never seen one of these on a glovebox door before..."). Its nice to know they were paying attention and doing their job, if it had been my truck stolen I would want the same! If anyone sees a truck matching this description in Northern California or is offered cheap parts, call the Sonoma County Sheriff.

Also, If anyone is looking for a good machine shop I'd highly recommend RPM Machine in Rhonert Park, CA. Besides great service they also have a chassis dyno to perfectly tune an engine. (My motor puts out 228 hp at the rear wheels with 269 ft-lbs of torque at 3450 rpm.)

Pat

Trigger

Welcome to the board. You'll love it here. Hopefully the owner of the stolen Bronco gets it back. My biggest fear is mine getting stolen.
Trigger

jims66

Hi Pat,

Is that RPM machine the same one that used to be a transmission shop in San Mateo? What does the RPM stand for? I keep getting recommendations for this RPM transmission guy that used to be around years ago and now is no where to be found.

Thanks,
Jim Hoffman

66horse

Bronco Guru
Welcome to board! And it is all about Chrome Yellow!

Hope the owner with the missing bronco gets his back.

It is nice to know LE was actually having their eye out for it.

OP
OP
P

PS

Loc.
Sebastopol, CA
Jim,

The RPM shop in Rhonert Park has been around about 20-25 years, I doubt it's the same shop in a different location. These guys have built motors, fabbed chassis, and done everything else for just about everything with wheels over their history: I'm sure a transmission is something they could easily handle. They had another Early Bronco in the shop that they had built a stroker 351 for and the owner had brought it back in for the final EFI calibration. This truck looked like the owner had opened the Wild Horses catalog and said "I'll take one of everything please." If it's trick, custom or just plain cool, this truck had it: air lockers, on board welder, NV4500, Atlas, 5 1/2" lift, Be Cool rad., powder coated frame, custom cage, custom dash, etc, all very sano.

Someday...

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
Welcome,

I can't wait for the day that I am afraid that my bronco is going to be stolen. It is pretty beat up at the moment.

BroncoRookie

Speaking about getting your Bronco Stolen I was wondering how much your guys insurance is for your Bronco?