• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Product Announcement from HIDprojectors.com

Heus33

Bronco Guru
We've listened to the requests for a set of headlights without angel eyes / halos / fancy colors and have come up with our Revision 2.0 Classic.
https://www.hidprojectors.com/products/revision-2-0-classic

It has the same projector, custom housing (made in the USA), and polycarbonate lens as all of our other Revision Series lights so you still get all of the performance, with an easier install. These are the brightest 7" headlights on the market and the kit comes with everything you need for a plug and play install.

Check them out guys! Any feedback is appreciated.
https://www.hidprojectors.com/products/revision-2-0-classic

Attachments

• rev2 classic.jpg
    rev2 classic.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 42

Godwick

Loc.
Santa Barbara, CA
Woot woot! Heus was kind enough to let me get an early set of these on the promise that I'd review them up here for you boys. So here goes.

First off, Light Output:

Amazing. The pictures I have do not do them justice. I live on a coastal hillside, so the wide range you get on these is cut significantly in the pictures, but they are super bright and I am very impressed with the light output. Heus told me that there isn’t a brighter light on the market and after firing these bad boys up, I believe him. These blow away the stock lights and even some of the LEDs which I tried first but wasn’t really impressed with for the price point. You do have to get your headlights aligned correctly – something I still haven’t perfected, and there is a “step” on each of the lights which, to me, takes away from the coolness of the cutoff lines, but I have been assured that it is intentional and is for seeing more on the sides of the road. That being what it is, if your headlights aren’t perfectly aligned, they will look funky.

Highbeams are the same light, just without the cutoff lines. You can't tell into he picture but when I step on the high beams, it floods my street with light. Sometimes I nerd-out in flashlight power for some reason, and stomping on the brights definitely satisfies that urge to go big.

Looks

In searching for lights, I was torn between something modern looking and something classic looking. This is definitely the former, but whether or not the tastes suit you is a matter of opinion. If it suits you, it is apparently possible to cut open the seal on the lights and paint the shroud whatever color you like. HIDprojectors will also apparently do this for you for an added $200, but that is too rich for my blood.

Lens – the lens is a polycarbonate blend and appears plenty tough. I was a little dismayed that it wasn’t glass – again for aesthetic reasons – but it appears to work fine and doesn’t scuff easily. Further, it is bubble shaped and sitcks out more than the stock-style headlights – adding to the “fisheye” look of the light. Again, this may be your cup of tea or it may not.

I have noticed some condensation collect on the lens when it is a dewy morning here on the coast, but it disappears quickly and burns off even quicker.

Install
Install is easy peasy. The lights come with 2 ballasts and all the wiring you need. I had to buy a couple extra set screws to secure the ballasts in the engine bay, but aside from that, it was all there. Plug and play. I did have to ask how the wiring was designed to be ran from the passenger side to the drivers side (as they plug into each other and to the standard 3 prong plug to complete the circuit) but was told to run them across the cross member.
Upon firing them up, there is a slight delay between "on" and maximum brightness, but that's standard with HIDs. There is also a slight buzzing sound from the ballasts, but it's negligible and not noticeable when the engine is running.

All in all I'm super impressed. Now all that's left to decide is whether to paint the shrouds or the headlight buckets.

As I said, the pictures don't do them justice. Super bright and an amazingly well put together kit. A+.

7b3c15b3f2b7e5fb4f1297576fbc0f64.jpg
37f34efe31dc3395388b3a436e3dff23.jpg
b96147532fc26f8def314884281a65a6.jpg
9b6d187c46a30cf5b1ace62c3698d736.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Man those are bright! I think you could push back the rays of the sun with those!

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the feedback! I'll address each of your questions below - as they are common questions and may help others in their quest for better lighting!!

First off, Light Output:
You do have to get your headlights aligned correctly – something I still haven’t perfected, and there is a “step” on each of the lights which, to me, takes away from the coolness of the cutoff lines, but I have been assured that it is intentional and is for seeing more on the sides of the road. That being what it is, if your headlights aren’t perfectly aligned, they will look funky.

Highbeams are the same light, just without the cutoff lines. You can't tell into he picture but when I step on the high beams, it floods my street with light. Sometimes I nerd-out in flashlight power for some reason, and stomping on the brights definitely satisfies that urge to go big.

Correct, you do need to align these but its as easy as twisting the light inside the bucket while you're mounting them, then using the stock height adjustment screws to align them vertically. We include instructions on how to get your alignment perfect. This process should only take about 5 minutes to do.
The 'step' in the light output is there intentionally and allows you to light up more of the right side of the road. When aimed correctly, this is actually a benefit our lights, but may take a moment to get used to it if this is the first time using projectors.

Looks

In searching for lights, I was torn between something modern looking and something classic looking. This is definitely the former, but whether or not the tastes suit you is a matter of opinion. If it suits you, it is apparently possible to cut open the seal on the lights and paint the shroud whatever color you like. HIDprojectors will also apparently do this for you for an added $200, but that is too rich for my blood.
The lights can be painted all black if desired (for no additional fee) if ordered at the time of purchase. Modifications after purchase require additional labor work and would incur a fee.

Lens – the lens is a polycarbonate blend and appears plenty tough. I was a little dismayed that it wasn’t glass – again for aesthetic reasons – but it appears to work fine and doesn’t scuff easily. Further, it is bubble shaped and sitcks out more than the stock-style headlights – adding to the “fisheye” look of the light. Again, this may be your cup of tea or it may not.
Polycarbonate plastic is what most (if not all) new lights are using. They are stronger than glass and have a UV coating to protect them for years to come.

Install
Install is easy peasy. The lights come with 2 ballasts and all the wiring you need. I had to buy a couple extra set screws to secure the ballasts in the engine bay, but aside from that, it was all there. Plug and play. I did have to ask how the wiring was designed to be ran from the passenger side to the drivers side (as they plug into each other and to the standard 3 prong plug to complete the circuit) but was told to run them across the cross member.
Upon firing them up, there is a slight delay between "on" and maximum brightness, but that's standard with HIDs. There is also a slight buzzing sound from the ballasts, but it's negligible and not noticeable when the engine is running.
We are testing an even easier install on these with another member.
The ballast 'buzz' is actually the internal electrical components doing their job - we use the very best quality ballasts and bulbs with our kit, this is a sign of quality parts.