• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Smittybilt x20 winch

FindlayJeff

Loc.
San Luis Obispo
Any body have the new x20 Smittybilt winch heard there supposed to be pretty bad to the bone. Completely water proof they show it running in a fish tank a big 5.5 motor and super fast line in speeds, also a life time warranty.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I do not know anything about the Smittybilt line of winches, but their other products have never struck me as top shelf. OK, but not great.

My experience with winches over the years has me only look at one brand for a self-recovery unit...WARN, period. There is a reason that they are the most popular winch you will see on serious trail and competition rigs, they work, they last, and WARN stands behind them.

For trailer winches and other applications not as critical as one you count on to get you out of a bad place in the middle of nowhere, I am open to other lesser brands.