• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New soft top may be available

roccolukasik

Loc.
Ohio Michigan border
I have been discussing with a reputable soft top company and they are seriously considering making a soft top with the functional design of the bestop/Rampage top and the outer shell comparable to bc broncos top using the marine grade sail cloth.Please let me know if there would be an interest in these,that may determine weather or not they are made.Oh yeah almost forgot price would be around $800.00. Thank you for your time.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I would be interested, but would like to see a 'prototype' first. IMO the besttop looks too much like a jeep, and the rampage looks a little 'sloppy' to me. BCB's is the catz azz but I'm on a poor mans budget.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Folks just need to make the Bestop or Rampage/STC top with the Sailcloth. Not sure why they havent gotten this through their heads yet and offered it. People have been telling them this for YEARS and they just keep making the crappy vinyl and limiting it to black or white. Its pretty retarded if you ask me. And the fact is, it should not cost ANY MORE to make one out of this material vs the vinyl.

Rant over. If they did it and offered it for under 600 I would likely be game but 800, nope.

73ny

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New York
Yes........,but I'd like to see how they'd combine the two and make the BCB part functional....

Amac70

ME
Folks just need to make the Bestop or Rampage/STC top with the Sailcloth. Not sure why they havent gotten this through their heads yet and offered it. People have been telling them this for YEARS and they just keep making the crappy vinyl and limiting it to black or white. Its pretty retarded if you ask me. And the fact is, it should not cost ANY MORE to make one out of this material vs the vinyl.

Rant over. If they did it and offered it for under 600 I would likely be game but 800, nope.

This is the plain and simple truth. The rampage for 500 is a decent price. All the others are over priced especially the can back and chucks tops. There simply isn't the material or labor cost there to justify those prices.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
a best top is gonna run you about 700 smackers so would I pay 800 for one made out of sail cloth? in a heart beat I do think the price is high, if they make one and it was 600 they would fly off the shelves.

socalrick

Loc.
Tionesta
gotta agree with Nick and Josh. I would just about kill to have my rampage top in a sailcloth/canvas type material as opposed to the vinyl but I gotta admit, it's doing a bang up job and it's quiet now that I don't have the road noise coming through gaping holes in my floor pans :).

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
gotta agree with Nick and Josh. I would just about kill to have my rampage top in a sailcloth/canvas type material as opposed to the vinyl but I gotta admit, it's doing a bang up job and it's quiet now that I don't have the road noise coming through gaping holes in my floor pans :).

yeah I bet road noise would be lower with a thicker cloth though and I like the stc rampage design, ps about your floors how are my welds holding up;D

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Folks just need to make the Bestop or Rampage/STC top with the Sailcloth. ... People have been telling them this for YEARS and they just keep making the crappy vinyl and limiting it to black or white.

x3. Preach on Tito. ;D

Baja71

Bronco Guru
The 4 door Wrangler JK has a sailcloth top that is virtually as quiet as its hard top. It's dimensions are very similar to the EB.

yeah I bet road noise would be lower with a thicker cloth though and I like the stc rampage design, ps about your floors how are my welds holding up;D

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
This is the plain and simple truth. The rampage for 500 is a decent price. All the others are over priced especially the can back and chucks tops. There simply isn't the material or labor cost there to justify those prices.
It is apparent to me that you have never built a soft top nor looked closely at mine. If you look back at the old post you will see that I spent a lot of time trying to get the cost down on my top, well over a year and had the canvas part made by 4 diff. shops trying to get the price down. Before that I thought about the same as you do. Look closely at the pictures of the frame work and tell me how much you would be willing to build it for. The header, the parts over/around the doors, hoops, rear and the side panels. I am always looking to cut costs. The Rampage top frame has a lot less to it and is made overseas. If any part of it is damaged you are on your own. With my top and the CanBack you can get replacement parts.

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito
Folks just need to make the Bestop or Rampage/STC top with the Sailcloth. ... People have been telling them this for YEARS and they just keep making the crappy vinyl and limiting it to black or white.

x3. Preach on Tito.
x3. Preach on Tito. ;D

And this is the exact reason I have not sprung for one yet. Too expensive to tear up on the trails for something that I am not to fond of to begin with. I would like to have it made of the sail cloth also.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
My Kayline is hanging on for it's dear life, after 10 years.. I am DUE!! I welcome any new options out there.. for 600-700 bucks.. :)

Baja71

Bronco Guru

Wow, Amac70. I can't wait to see your prototype. %)

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I would probably be interested. I like my STC; I would love to have a better stitched, reinforced, more durable material that I could just swap out the fabric for...discounts for skins only? ;D

Seriously, if someone can put this together....that would be great. I have thought about talking to some local auto trim shops here...as there are quite a few in Indy, but it just hasnt been a priority.