• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New to the Forum with my first project!

stxbronco72

Loc.
Corpus Christi
Hello Everyone,

I have been following the forum for a while, and after finally finding an EB of my own, I have decided to become a member! When I was 7 years old, my dad bought an all original '72 that I immediately thought was the coolest thing I had ever seen. After a few years, he had to sell it in order to buy a family vehicle to haul around our family of five. Since that date, I had my heart set on finding a Bronco of my own. Well, I'll be graduating from college in May, and on January 3rd, my first Bronco pulled into our driveway via flatbed truck. I had found it the day before in a nearby town, so my dad and I went to check it out, and I purchased it the next day. My dad and I plan on restoring it during the spring semester, and hopefully I can drive it to my graduation! It may not be pretty by then, but it will mean a lot. Anyways, I'm really excited about our build, and I look forward to meeting all of you!

JB

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
looks like a good start congrats and welcome to the site

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Welcome to the site. Looks like a fun project, you and your dad will have a blast with it. Be sure to keep us posted on your progress.

OP
OP
stxbronco72

stxbronco72

Loc.
Corpus Christi
thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I have stripped the inside for cleaning and reupholstery and we will be pulling the engine this week. I'll start a build thread soon!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Awesome JB, Congrats and Welcome!!

Do you plan to keep it UnCut? :)

I'm leaning towards you'll most likely be cutting and lifting, but I could be wrong lol

Good luck with the build

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Welcome to classic broncos and don't forget to vote for this great site everyday.Are you gonna cut it?

hc

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
It looks like you have already started a build thread right here! Welcome to the site! Looks like you got a good platform to start with.

OP
OP
stxbronco72

stxbronco72

Loc.
Corpus Christi
Hey guys! Just to answer everyone's questions, the Bronco will remain uncut. I'm gonna keep it almost completely stock with the exception of a small lift and slightly bigger tires... The engine is a 170 cu. in. inline 6... what size tires can I push with that? I actually like the smaller engine, and I'm considering putting either 31's or 32's on her stock wheels... Any suggestions on tire size and lift (body or suspension)? Pics may be helpful too! Thanks!

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Welcome to the madness!;D Once you own one your hooked for life. Keep us posted and good luck with the new project.