• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New tube doors and dash finally in

MpCrewcab

Loc.
Jefferson, WI
Finally starting to take a little more shape. We were busy over the weekend... 4 weeks and counting to the Broncos Fools Day Bash

Added small sections to the door openings and then tubed them to add strenth, this added nice areas also for a flashlight and fire ext. to. The dash is all custom, tubed and now just need to get all the guages, cb, radio and glove box in.

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 162
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 62
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 97

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
are you building a stretch job ..if so whick motor are you going with ......
Pictures if it's a 300 or a 4 bt...

OP
OP
MpCrewcab

MpCrewcab

Loc.
Jefferson, WI
here are a few more from the last few months of the build. As for a motor-- running for EFI 302 mustang motor.

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 52

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks great - Keep up the hard work. I look forward to seeing more pics!

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
I really like this.
You have incorporated some of the stuff I want to do in my rig.
I would love to see more pics of the rear wheel well area and the shock mount.
What lift and travel shock are you running?
THanks
Chris

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Looks great ...are you bringing it to Howiepalooza so I can get a better look at it ?:eek:

OP
OP
MpCrewcab

MpCrewcab

Loc.
Jefferson, WI
Howie- Yes for sure we are coming to your party and bringing the bronco.

As for the rear running 16 inch King Coilovers triple rate with a tender coil on top. 4 linked in the rear. And the front is dual rate 14 inch King Coilover with a 4 link.

ChrisinWV pics of the inside rear fender wells? They are all enclosed around the coilovers. Basically the only thing that is not fabbed is the frame and the rear floor. I cut apart the rear part of the Eb tub and left this traditional ribs on the rear floor.

As for being stretched-- yes the front and rear are both pushed out- about 104-105 wheelbase currently. Running 5:38 front and rear with Ox in the front and spooled in the rear. Dana 60 front 78-79 narrowed to match the rear Dana 60 width.

Will keep updating pics. Hope to get all the undersided buttoned back up for the the last time. Seems like the shocks and link bars have been in and out. Cant wait for the bronco to back on its wheels.

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
No, more from the inside of the truck.
I have the mounting pretty well figured out, I am just running long travel shocks and leaves, but I do want to enlarge the rear wheel well area and tie it into my shock mount much like you have with the coilover mount.
I just would like a better shot of that area...
Very nice work. What are the ultimate goals with this rig?

OP
OP
MpCrewcab

MpCrewcab

Loc.
Jefferson, WI
here are some pics from inside looking out. A few of the process of the building of them. The top piece actually follows the body seam- extends from the rear tailgate up at an slant, then flattens out and curves into the cage. The piece above the coilover mount is bent out from the middle then where the mount comes out it is spaced out about 1.5 inches and then plated. Hope these pics help. If not I can take some pics of those areas from above the cage to show you more of the brakes. I will try and take some pics tonight of how the shocks mount/look like looking from the outside into this new area.

Ultimate Goal-- trails and ??? total fun for the whole family as this is setup to run 3 seats --with a 4 point harness also for the youngster.

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
THanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.
Mine won't be exactly like that, but that reaffirms my idea of what I wanted to do and how it would look.
Thanks a lot.
Your family should have a lot of fun years in that rig.