• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New wheels vs old. Need a vote here.

fwilder

Hey guys,

I got a set of new tires and wheels (33x12.5 BFG ATs on 15x10 aluminum American Eagle rims). I have my old rims still (32x11.5 BFG ATs on 15x8 American Racing rims). I'm keeping the bigger tires, but can't make up my mind on the rims. Those old rims have been on ther for 10 years and are in super shape. Plus I just love the looks. They are smaller and I'm concerned about rubbing, etc. The new ones have some rock rash. I think that that can be fixed. What's your vote?

Attachments

• truck.JPG
    truck.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Old.jpg
    Old.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 69
  • new2.JPG
    new2.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 93
  • New1.JPG
    New1.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 48

Cooter_76

I'm partial to the Eagle's, myself. Downside is everbody and their dog is running them these days (including me ;D ).
I imagine your rig would be more unique with your old rims.

Sharp Bronco either way!

jim71

Loc.
Sprague MB
Those look a lot like my Classic IIs. I like the simple look of them, but I don't mind the old set at all... hmm. I'd go for the bigger Eagles and worry about rubbing later - rock rash shouldn't be an issue unless you just want to clean them up.

OP
OP
F

fwilder

As far as the rash goes I'll prob take a dremmel to the bad stuff and just knock it down a bit. Then I'll have my detail guy polish them up. In So Cal that sould be $30 may for all five.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
the pic with the bronco. (first 1) Nice rims. I like.
The ones with the holes are Borrring. Everyone has them.

OP
OP
F

fwilder

Will the width of the rim make any difference in rubbing on suspension parts?

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
I like the old rims - new one's are too common. Very nice rig too by the way, it would look really good with the classic Slotted rims IMHO

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I am not crazy about the Eagles. I like the Americans better. Good luck with whatever you choose.

tcjones76

Loc.
Tyngsboro, Ma
I can't decide which looks best, although I am leaning towards your current ones. I would base it on which rim width will work better for you, the 8-inch or the 10-inch. And then there is the cost for remounting the rims and rebalancing to go with the ARs.

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I've got those Eagles on mine and LOVE EM. If you decide to go with your old ones I would be interested in the Eagles so I can put them on my next rig.

OP
OP
F

fwilder

The 10s are definetly deeper than the 8s. Just guessing from the pictures, but the 8s look like ~3-4 the 10s look like ~5+

Louie

Bronco Guru
I like the look of the Bajas better too...plus no remounting!!!

pahoughton

Loc.
Colorado Springs, CO
I like the uniqueness of the AR's. I also prefer a narrower rim as long at it will support the tire. You need to measure and post the backspacing of each to get good input on the difference in rubbing.