• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newb with a couple bronco questions

PNYEXP

Loc.
Wichita Falls, Texas
I have a 72 bronco that i am planing on building. I also have a 76 frame with disk brakes and power steering that i will use. My first question may sound a little dumb but what would it take to run in the baja 1000? Now im not talking about winning the thing. I just think it would be cool as hell to go down there and run in it (read sweet vacation). Im talking more about a stock style class maybe? I have been looking all over and cant find anything on the classes they have.

Miker

Bronco Guru
love your second post! Seriously, same kind of question I think many of us red blooded American boys would love to,, or dream to do sometime in our lives.
I am sure that several on here have done it and would enjoy them sharing their thoughts/memories on the subject as well.:cool:

csjr

Loc.
Lighthouse Point, FL
While try such an endeavor would cost copious amounts of time and money (best to do before marriage) and be an unbelievable amount of work, I believe the rewards would stick with you for a lifetime. There was a speed channel special where two brothers (last name Necessary) took their fairly new FJ cruiser and ran the event. They finished but not within the allotted time. They had a lot of help from friends to do the event, but the brothers mostly put the truck together. Good luck!

OP
OP
P

PNYEXP

Loc.
Wichita Falls, Texas
love your second post! Seriously, same kind of question I think many of us red blooded American boys would love to,, or dream to do sometime in our lives.
I am sure that several on here have done it and would enjoy them sharing their thoughts/memories on the subject as well.:cool:
lol thanks and i hope they do. iv been looking around and it seems the long travel type suspensions would be the best but i cant find any good kits. Would a custom setup be the only way? Me and my dad are not new around cars and fabing we have a welder press lathes and so on.