• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

newbee question on 77 EB

paleo man

i have been reading the posts/threads on the rear quarter pannels on how they joined at the top....my question is my bunco has a hairline of rust showing in this aera....what should i do...blast it out/seam seal....drillout spots and re work on inside/outside body pannel?.....i know looks can be deceiving...really dont look that bad....but it is there...thanks paleo?:?

77Red

Loc.
Arlington, TX
Without replacing everything, I think the trick is to get everything down to bare metal (even the seam on the inside of the cab and in the wheel well) and then seal it with something like por-15 or epoxy primer. Even then it may come back after a few years.

I had intentions of fixing the quarter seams on mine 5 years ago and removed the rust and covered with por-15. Life got in the way and I didn't go any farther than that so no primer or paint...:-[ The por-15 looks pretty bad but no rust yet.

Good luck, don't forget to carry through on it ;)