• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

newbee

monkeylovetrees

Loc.
warwick ri
new guy on the block every one talks about every thing they do to there broncos but where do you start and how far do you go i mean there is not much in rhode island for broncos and do i frame off what for disc brakes new wiring cut not cut it just gets out of control thought there would be a place to look at or book to read because all the 4x4 mags are jeep realated any help would be great thanks 74 ranger

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Welcome, first of all. Second, try and use some punctuation, it was very hard to read your post. Help us help you. Third, check out www.broncodriver.com and subscribe. That will give you plenty of ideas.

Really the first step is you need to decide what you want to do with your bronco. Are you going to be on the street only? Are you going to do street and some mild trails? Less street and moderate to difficult trails, or extreme trails? Or maybe even the 1/4 mile strip? That will help us cater to your questions.

J.D.

PsYcHoBrOnCo

Loc.
Fort Worth, Tx
new guy on the block every one talks about every thing they do to there broncos but where do you start and how far do you go i mean there is not much in rhode island for broncos and do i frame off what for disc brakes new wiring cut not cut it just gets out of control thought there would be a place to look at or book to read because all the 4x4 mags are jeep realated any help would be great thanks 74 ranger

What??:?

Big One

Loc.
Bartlesville, Ok

Finally, someone besides me with ADD on CB,

J/K welcome.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Welcome aboard. Start SLOW.

Yeah like... put a period at the end of a sentence. ;D Maybe even use a comma every now and then. :p Anyway, "start slow" is great advice along with determining what you want to use this rig for... daily driver, wheeling, or a percentage of both.

GnisroH

Loc.
Harrisonburg, VA
Edited w/punctuation!

New guy on the block, and every one talks about every thing they do to their broncos, but where do you start? How far do you go? I mean there is not much in Rhode Island for broncos, and do I perform a frame off retoration? Just for disc brakes, new wiring, cut or not cut? It just gets out of control! I thought there would be a place to look at, or a book to read, but all the 4x4 mags are jeep related. Any help would be great! Thanks! 74 ranger

I think that should help!
tongue.gif

As for your question, it all depends. What do you want it to do? Then what do you want it to look like? Do you like the uncut look? Or do you prefer the cut look?

Frame off resto isn't always absolutely necessary, and it will generally cost more than if you kept the body attached to the frame during the resto.

P.S.- You got lucky this time. It's the only time I'll quote a whole post and add punctuation.
thumbs.gif
I've been bored all day with nothing to do, haha.

Last edited:

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
Personally I would check to see how much you have in your bank account if you plan on doing the frame off route. It is not cheap and always remember you get what you pay for. I chose to do a frame off and replace every nut and bolt on my EB and it kills me ever time I go to the garage and see it. At this point it won't be done for atleast another 6-8 months.

If you plan on beating it off road do not do a frame off. Just stick to things that will get you out of holes and over rocks.

Good luck.

my .02

Matt