• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newbie Front Hub Question

Timbo67

Loc.
Frankston, Texas
Front hubs are not locking. I have a 67 with original(?) hubs (they spin 360 deg). Time to replace or sound like another problem? If they need replacing, what hubs do y'all recommend?<br><br>Have been reading this sight for a while and got some good information off of it, just never had a problem that hadn't already been answered until now.<br><br>Thanks

ca1a73

Bronco Guru
I have the same problem, i have a 66 with dana44. I just bought a pair of the watn premiums yesterday.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The Milemarkers are made better and the same price. Could you send a pic. of the hubs or discribe them in some detail?

justinsane

Loc.
Casper, Wyoming
When you engage your hubs, they don't necessarily lock at that time. It compresses a spring, and when the splines or teeth in the hub are aligned (driving a few inches) the hub will engage. If you have too much grease and its cold, or you get some crud in there, they wont engage at all. <br><br>Brian

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
I'm sporting a set of warn premiums, but I've heard good stuff about the Mile Markers..<br>Maybe you could just clean yours up a bit and play with them again. mine were the originals, but I figured I'd replace them since I was redoing the whole front end anywho...