• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Nitto tires

tampabronco

My kid is wanting to put Nitto Grapplers on the bronco. Anyone have any experience with these tires? Seeing mixed reviews

SRafferty25

My kid is wanting to put Nitto Grapplers on the bronco. Anyone have any experience with these tires? Seeing mixed reviews

Which Grapplers? I believe most of their heavier duty truck tires are some type of Grappler; Mud,Terrra, Trail, Ridge.

I have had Trail Grapplers on another vehicle for several years and here is a list of pros and cons based on my experience:

Pros
- Tough durable tire
- Good in deep snow
- Good in mud
- Heavy Sidewall
- All round good tire for off-roading

Cons
- Heavy as he!!
- Like hockey pucks on ice or packed snow
- Loud

ame

I have the Ridge Grapplers on my truck - 06 Ram 2500, 37x13.5x17 tires, and really happy with them. Much tougher sidewall and carcus then a BFG IMO, do well enough on Ice for the tire it is and can be sipped, wayyy smoother and quieter then the Duratracs on road.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I had Nitto Terra Grapplers on my 2016 F150 and did not care for them. They got loud quick and were not very good in the rain. I have had the best luck with BFG tires in my trucks. I have them on everything but my Expedition and have no complaints. Oh and that is 6 different trucks from Ebs to F250s.

Desertfox1023

I had a set of 245/70R17 Terra Grapples on my Daily Driver.
Thought they did pretty well and gave a little more traction off road.

OP
OP
tampabronco

tampabronco

BFG are what I'm currently running and have been a good tire. I'm going back to those but wanted to see what else is out there

always get the most out of the BFGs for sure..

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
BFG are what I'm currently running and have been a good tire. I'm going back to those but wanted to see what else is out there

yeah I don't blame you.. explore the options..

i got the old "not produced anymore" good year MTRs (37s) for off roading..

would be nice to have a set of 35s street friendly tires