• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Not exactly a bronco question :)

RnrdTheFox

Loc.
Superior, CO
I'm working a on utility trailer that started out as a canned ham style camper. I would like to match some of the existing metal framing. See attached picture. The steel place that I deal with in Denver only has 3/16" structural c-channel which is overkill for what I'm doing.

Any recommendations as to where I could find material to match this? It measure 4"x1.5"x0.1". I need about 50' of it.

thanks,
Renard

Attachments

• IMG_1053.jpg
    IMG_1053.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 39

70_Steve

Old Guy
I suspect you won't be able to find that c-channel premade. But your steel supplier should be able to shear you several pieces of 11ga or so, and direct you to a job shop to bend up the channel.

The steel supplier I use most often has such a shop right next door!

R.P. Coltrane

Loc.
Iowa, the flat part
That's 4x3 rectangular cut in half if you can't find a steel supplier with a big brake to make the U channel. Even a little backyard plasma cutter could do that slice in an hour or two. Brand new steel with a guide edge clamped down and the cut would be nearly saw-clean.