• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Not Exactly Bronco

gbrew

I've got a question about a possible future build using a similar set up I have in my bronco now but with an automatic transmission. I would like to put a 5.0 OBD2 motor with the 4r70 transmission in a 67 F100. How is the best way to find or build the trans in a two wheel drive set up instead of the 4x4 from a Explorer or Mountaineer? If I can't find a 2WD Explorer or Mountaineer how can I make this trans work? Thanks for your help, GB

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
For that model of truck I would do what Gas Monkey did.

Put in the aluminum front engine cradle and suspension K-member out of a '03/'04 Mercury Marauder. Its almost a bolt on. Then you have modern front suspension and a dual over head cam 4.6 V8 making over 300 horsepower. That particular engine loves to be supercharged. They really respond to it well.

Anyway check on Gas Monkey's Willow green '67 F-100.

I think Casey the painter (Richard's brother in law) ended up with it.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Easiest way is to find a rear wheel drive Explorer/Mountaineer, otherwise you will need to swap the tailhousing and output shaft from a RWD 4R70W used in some other vehicle into the AWD transmission.
It can be done but is going to be more work and more expense than buying a 2wd Explorer or Mountaineer.

OP
OP
G

gbrew

For that model of truck I would do what Gas Monkey did.

Put in the aluminum front engine cradle and suspension K-member out of a '03/'04 Mercury Marauder. Its almost a bolt on. Then you have modern front suspension and a dual over head cam 4.6 V8 making over 300 horsepower. That particular engine loves to be supercharged. They really respond to it well.

Anyway check on Gas Monkey's Willow green '67 F-100.

I think Casey the painter (Richard's brother in law) ended up with it.

Sounds really interesting but I haven't found any information on it yet....

OP
OP
G

gbrew

Go to fordification.com.
All the info on 67-72 trucks you could want.

I did find that site a couple of days ago and haven't spent much time there but it does look like a great site for those trucks. Thanks