• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Np205 grinding noise with no yokes

NJBronco

Just rebuilt my np205 and twin sticked it. Everything seems to be operating normal. I can shift all the patterns and I can put one in low and he other in high. Detents seem to be working on both in all three positions. The problem is that both outputs have about 1/8" of end play. The front output seems fine with it no grinding. The rear output is fine with the shaft pulled out but it grinds when pushed in. I remember some sort of slinger gear or something in there that I thought was real close the gear.

I don't have any yokes so I'm curios if maybe when they bolt on the snug up to the bearing and eliminate that end play?? Other then the grind when the shafts pushed in everything is quiet and smooth

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Yes the yokes make a difference.

OP
OP
N

NJBronco

awesome! thank you. I was about to open it back up tomorrow. I will wait for the new yokes then and see what happens then.

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The yoke nut pulls the gear tight to the bearing removing the end play