• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Np205 spedometer cable to eb gauge

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
I am having a problem connecting the NP205 speedometer cable to my 75 original speedometer gauge. the EB is a thread and the NP205 is a push in clip plastic type.

is there an adapter?

what have those who have this swapped TC done?

it worked for a few days, but then I think it vibrated out just enough to stop telling speed.

frdboy

Contributor
I used the same cable my bronco came with....fit in the 205

OP
OP
G's Baja Bronco

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
hummm... now I feel stpd! i think I put in the one from my old ramcharger! LOL

will but a replacement one to fit my 75!!

Thanks fellas!
G

OP
OP
G's Baja Bronco

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
installed it and it works awesome, perfect fit.

the only thing I noticed on my 1 mile drive test: is that the speedometer gauge needle moves up and down about 5 miles either way while at a constant speed. is this due to lack of use? it has not run for 6 years!

should I spray wd40 on it? or just leave it alone and with use it will fix itself?

G

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Great you got it fixed - not too expensive either!

I think there is a damping magnet in the speedo head that gets weak over time. When the get rebuilt there is a process to re-charge it. It can also be worn out gears in the speedo head or the the trans or a sloppy cable. I think it is normal and just ignore it!

OP
OP
G's Baja Bronco

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
drove it on the freeway yesterday and it kept dancing up and down and then it went to zero, on stop and go it would restart got up to 40 and then back to zero and stay at zero!

any clues, new spedo cable, gear at TC end looks new, I almost want to go into the gauge myself and if I can not fix it put in an aftermarket gauge, need to measure the diameter and.....

I already have all 2" gauges installed, gas, volts, oil and temp. the only thing I use in the cluster is the speedo and turning signal markers, which I dislike their location!

any one know of a local San Diego CA shop that fixes speedo gauges?

G