• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Np205 yoke and seal problem need help

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The new 1310 yoke does not touch the seal it has about a 1/8" gap around it and it also goes into the transfer case past the smooth machined surface where the seal lip should rub. It looks like the smooth surface is not turned long enough compared to the 1330 yoke that I took off the np205 see pics Thanks for any help Thanks Keith

Attachments

• BC CROSSMEMBER 018.jpg
    BC CROSSMEMBER 018.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 19
  • BC CROSSMEMBER 019.jpg
    BC CROSSMEMBER 019.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 17
  • BC CROSSMEMBER 020.jpg
    BC CROSSMEMBER 020.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 19
  • BC CROSSMEMBER 021.jpg
    BC CROSSMEMBER 021.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 20

crews44

Loc.
Mullica Hill, NJ
Did u get the conversion seal kit? JBG sells a special seal to use with the 1310 yoke on the 205. I just order it so I hope it works and I don't run into same issue.

OP
OP
DEEPWOODS

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What is the part # for the conversion seal ? I still need to do something about the yoke going in past the smooth machined surface where the seal lip rubs is there a spacer that goes on before the yoke that I am missing ? Thanks Keith

yjzonie

Loc.
Scottsdale, AZ
It's not a special part or anything like that. There are two seal sizes for the NP203/205, one is the 1 7/8 and the other is the 2 1/8. Ford used a lot of the smaller ones, whereas Dodge and Chevy used the larger. You can go to your local NAPA store and get the seal. Measure the hub diameter of the yoke and the outside seal diameter to get the right seal for your new application.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's not a special part or anything like that. There are two seal sizes for the NP203/205, one is the 1 7/8 and the other is the 2 1/8..

Exactly. As a general rule, the 1310 yokes use one seal size and the 1330 yokes use the other.

I have both in the parts cabinet in the shop...let me know if a National Seal part # would help and is so, I'll go pull 'em.

yjzonie

Loc.
Scottsdale, AZ
What is the part # for the conversion seal ? I still need to do something about the yoke going in past the smooth machined surface where the seal lip rubs is there a spacer that goes on before the yoke that I am missing ? Thanks Keith

You can fix that issue one of two ways...A spacer behide the yoke or have the yoke turned down a little more. The hub lengths are diffenently of different lengths

yjzonie

Loc.
Scottsdale, AZ
Exactly. As a general rule, the 1310 yokes use one seal size and the 1330 yokes use the other.

I have both in the parts cabinet in the shop...let me know if a National Seal part # would help and is so, I'll go pull 'em.

We actually machine down, or make sleeves for guys that don't want to go find a $10 seal.

OP
OP
DEEPWOODS

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks seal problem solved ,Now where to get a spacer to go on before the yoke to space the yoke out for the seal?

hammer

Bronco Guru

I could use that part number for the 1 7/8" seal. I ordered #22493 from JBG but they shipped me #91643%) Don't want to wait 2 more weeks for shipping.