• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NP435 Price Check

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Is $150 a decent price? I have the 6 cylinder intermediate housing and square adapter. This one I'm looking at has the square bolt pattern and 28 spline shaft. Other than being filthy it looks okay and shifts well. Anything else I should check?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
You sound like you have the right one. I got 2 wrong ones when I tried.

I finally got the right one and gave $125 for it, I've heard you can get them cheaper, but question I had is, where exactly do you get them cheaper? $150 was about average for any trans from a scrap yard. I don't think your getting taken to the cleaners, but it may be possible to get one for less.

I have mine tore down now, been getting rocks, bug parts, and dirt out of it, looks great inside, I certainly hope it's fine because I don't plan to do a full rebuild, just clean it good. Only wear I've seen is on 1st and the reverse gears, corresponding metal shavings in the bottom, so I guess that is normal. I dumped leaves and water out of it when I started. No corrosion inside though, nice shiny gears.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Usually I can get them cheaper like $100 or less but would say $150 would be ok if I really needed one now. As was said depends on your area. last one I scored for free as it came with a engine I was buying.
As was said pull the top and drain the oil take a good look at it. It should be fine these tranny's are built pretty good and last forever. Want to say mine came out of a 71 truck with unknown mileage. Ive put over 150K on it myself with no issues.

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Thanks! I assume the top comes off easily??? I asked if we could open it up to look at it and he was hesitant, because he didn't know if it was as easy as just removing bolts and pulling it off. I'll do a search.

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
Put it in neutral then just remove the bolts, real easy. As long as it's not rusty it's probably okay, tough transmission. Mine had a little water in it but was still okay. I think the price is okay, how long you gonna search to save maybe $50?

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Do I need to remove the speedo gear from the output shaft? I know I need the cut the threads off the end.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370311281243.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370311281243.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 26

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Im fairly certain the speedo gear can stay but if its loose at all I would remove it.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I guess you bought it? You know where ya need to show it off right? yea I get points for pimpin!

Only thing I wanna add is get you a HYD clutch!

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Yeah, I ended up picking it up. Seems to have a few leaks that need addressing before I try to install it. Anyone have a part number for a gasket set?

Hydraulic clutch huh? Benefit?

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
Yeah, I ended up picking it up. Seems to have a few leaks that need addressing before I try to install it. Anyone have a part number for a gasket set?

Hydraulic clutch huh? Benefit?

I'm probably going to get a gasket set here unless someone posts up a better source:

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/transmission/transmission_parts/np435_parts.htm

Also curious about the clutch, I'm working on my swap now. (Slowly, but working on it none the less.)

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Mines lil diff, Its fully inclosed in the bell one hose to M/C then one rod to the petal I think with the 435 your gonna have to do the external, easier to fix should it go bad mine requires pullin the tranny to replace

allenfahey

Bronco Guru

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Right stuff!!!! get the lil chaukin gun version.

Attachments

• right stuff.jpg
    right stuff.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 16