• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NP435 question

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
My father-in-law has a NP435 in a Bronco and wants to put it back to the stock 3sp. (don't ask). We didn't install the 4sp so I don't the answer to this, but do both transmissions utilize the stock cross member in its stock location or did the NP435 have to modify it? I am just hoping to remove the NP and bolt the 3sp right back in place without any fuss.

Any info is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3429.JPG
    IMG_3429.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 28

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Both use the same cross member if the 435 is bolted to the dana 20 T case. To adapt the 435 to a dana 20 the intermediate adapter between the trans and t case are different. If you are going back to the 3 speed you will need an original adapter to the dana 20.
If the 435 is bolted to a 205 then it would have needed to use a different cross member.
Hope it helps.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the adapter you need if needing one. I even have a good 3 speed trans. you can PM if interested, just pay shipping or arrange to pickup. Located in Canton, Ohio

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the offer JW but I actually have everything (donor 3sp and Dana 20) already bolted together to go in. I just was wondering about the cross member bolting up in the stock location with the NP435.... just wanted to make sure the bracket hadn't needed to be modified or if I could just reuse it on the stock tranny.

Thanks guys!

I have the adapter you need if needing one. I even have a good 3 speed trans. you can PM if interested, just pay shipping or arrange to pickup. Located in Canton, Ohio

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
If your donor trans/adap/d20 are from a 302 it will bolt right up. If it's from an I-6 you will need to change the adapter. The I-6 adapter is ~2" shorter.